By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite game that you have never owned?

Tagged games:

It makes sense that you would buy a game if you think it is something you are interested but sometimes it does not work out like that. What are your absolute favorite games that you have never owned personally? Maybe it is a game that you played through a rental service. Maybe it was a game you only played when over at a friends house. Maybe it is an arcade game that you could not justify paying thousands of dollars for your own cabinet at home.

In my case my absolute favorite game that I never owned would have to be Super Mario Galaxy. I'm not sure why I never bought it myself. I was a Wii owner since day 1 and bought lots of games for it. I borrowed it from a friend and completed it all the way through. I had a blast and loved every second of it but of course I gave it back. I was surprised like most people when Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced. I bought that one the day it released and even wrote a review for it on this site. I loved SMG 2 as well. I think I liked the first one a bit more just because it was original. I still have my SMG 2 copy. Perhaps if they release an HD port on the Switch of the original Galaxy I will buy that.

Close runnerups are Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3. I played them on the VIta and rented them from Gamefly. I'm not even sure why I wanted ot jump in the series in the first place. Both games were awesome, especially Snake Eater. Because of those games I want to play the rest of the series. I bought MGS4 for PS3 for $2 a few months back. I haven't played it yet thought because I wanted to play the original Metal Gear Solid first. I had a hard time, but finally tracked down a used copy of The Twin Snakes for the Gamecube that I will play on the Wii. Maybe I will buy the MGS HD collection on PS3 so I can play Peace Walker as well.

Anyway I went off on a tangent.

Main point is what games do you love but not own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Lots of games like that. I used to rent so many games, due to of course having no money but being allowed to rent 1 game every weekend. Could have bought every game I played and then some... for example I rented Halo 2 maybe 50-100 times. I finally got the game, and by then we were kind of bored.

I would say FFIV, but that was when I was like 5.

So maybe Vigilante 8 and its sequel. Rented it a bunch, great competitor to Twisted Metal.

Bottom Of The Ninth by Konami for the PS1. I rented it sooooo many times with friends for a solid 2 years. Could have bought it several times over. Close runner-up is Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the SNES, for exactly the same reason.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Don't think I ever owned Turtles in Time on the SNES. Played it loads though, either through rentals or friends.

Never owned Shenmue or the sequel either, but my brother did. I mainly watched him play it, which was gripping. Some great Christmas memories of those two games.

Turbo outrun. I could finish that game in the Arcade in one go. Never got my hands on the pc version, and it would have been a poor substitute for the arcade machine. The one at my local arcade had a moving chair with speakers build in.

Around the Network

Probably Megaman X2

Perhaps Power Stone 2

SvennoJ said:
Turbo outrun. I could finish that game in the Arcade in one go. Never got my hands on the pc version, and it would have been a poor substitute for the arcade machine. The one at my local arcade had a moving chair with speakers build in.

Do you have a 3DS?  They have a 3D version of Outrun on it.

The Last of Us. Not because it was that good, but because all the other games I borrowed were bad.

Euro Truck Simulator 2:
My friend loves the game.
Hearing how much he loves the game is more enjoyable than the game (to me).

I have no plans to ever buy it; the game is just not for me.