By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Switch dethrone the Wii ..... on the dance floor?

Tagged games:

How well will Switch version of Just Dance 2018 do compared to the other versions?

1st - better than Wii 13 16.67%

2nd - better than WiiU 40 51.28%

3rd - better than X One 6 7.69%

not in the top 3 7 8.97%

PC version will rule everything 3 3.85%

see results 9 11.54%

Total:78

Just Dance is a big gaming series. But so far, it saw it's biggest successes on Wii. It matches so very well, that to this day Wii is the pplatform the game sells best. And Ubisoft ported it to practically everything: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=just+dance+2017

Just Dance 2017 released months late for Switch, so it did not sell well. But in a few weeks Just Dance 2018 will release - Switch-version releases alongside the others.

So can do Just Dance well on Switch, maybe even challenging the Wii-version? What do you predict?

EDIT: For clarification - I don't mean with challenging, that the Switch version sell as well as the best past versions on the Wii. I mean the comparison between the current version on Wii and Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

My word, Just Dance 2017 basically did 1 million on the Wii and 500k on the Wii U!?

So could the Switch version of Just Dance 2018 outsell the Wii version? Maybe...

Just Dance at it's peak sold over 10M units on the Wii with Just Dance 3!

Is your question supposed to be if Just dance 2018 on Switch can outsell the Wii version ?

fatslob-:O said:
Just Dance at it's peak sold over 10M units on the Wii with Just Dance 3!

Is your question supposed to be if Just dance 2018 on Switch can outsell the Wii version ?

Yes, current version, it is no question that it will not reach the peak numbers. There aren't even enough Switches in the Wild. No, so far still current versions sell best on Wii. My question is if Switch can challenge this position.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It depends, really, Just Dance had the advantage of being a massive and unexpected sleeper hit phenomenon that became really associated with the big Wii party - and yes, the Wii was the ultimate party console. I am not so sure Switch is yet hitting that status. The party people aren't all there yet.

Although... It would be super interesting to see a party console resurrection. No console has a better shot at it than the Switch. It is the most Wii-like thing ever to hit the market... outside of the Wii itself maybe. And I think Switch has the potential; I'd love to see it realized.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Yes, current version, it is no question that it will not reach the peak numbers. There aren't even enough Switches in the Wild. No, so far still current versions sell best on Wii. My question is if Switch can challenge this position.

Well it's hardly what anyone would call a big series anymore when it's latest entry couldn't even track 3M units with all versions combined on here ... 

While the Wii is declining the Switch doesn't have the same demographics so I think the Wii is at an advantage and 3rd party games on the Switch isn't doing hot ... 

I guess not, because it Clearly lost the N. Sounds slippery!

It's worth noting that Just Dance was the biggest sleeper hit in video game history. It began with a slow trickle of sales, then it grew and grew, and then KABOOM!!! The biggest party in video game history celebrated by millions across the world.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Is just dance 2k18 being released on wii too?

Everybody Dace Now!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."