By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think we'll see more Ratchet & Clank on PS4?

Tagged games:

Do you think we'll see more Ratchet & Clank on PS4?

Yes 72 76.60%

No 22 23.40%

Total:94

I hope so, it was a fantastic game! I got a platinum in it and everything.

At least with a sequel Insomniac won't be tied down to having to make it tie into a movie like this remake was (which the movie got terrible reviews as well) since there most likely won't be another movie lol.

Around the Network

To be honest I really want to see a new platformer mascot, because Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter were not even as popular as people make them out to be. If they were Nintendo games they'd be called "niche" and people would be like "YAH CAN'T BLAME NINTENDO FOR MAKING A SEQUEL MKKKKKKKAY, they only sold 2.88888888 MILLION MKKKKKKAY"

I'd just be really cool to see a new platformer. But as someone who's only played R+C 2016, I wouldn't be against more Ratchet and Clank. I'd be awesome! If that happens though, I want Jak and Sly and Crash and Spyro to come back all the way, so i can experience the 5 playstation giants at once. Especially Sly, that game looks super cool.

I think the remake did decent numbers and I doubt Sony is going to kill the franchise before releasing a brand new game on ps4, so yeah I think there will be more Ratchet & Clank, hopefully...

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

To be honest I really want to see a new platformer mascot, because Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter were not even as popular as people make them out to be. If they were Nintendo games they'd be called "niche" and people would be like "YAH CAN'T BLAME NINTENDO FOR MAKING A SEQUEL MKKKKKKKAY, they only sold 2.88888888 MILLION MKKKKKKAY"

I'd just be really cool to see a new platformer. But as someone who's only played R+C 2016, I wouldn't be against more Ratchet and Clank. I'd be awesome! If that happens though, I want Jak and Sly and Crash and Spyro to come back all the way, so i can experience the 5 playstation giants at once. Especially Sly, that game looks super cool.

There was a new Sly Cooper game released back in 2013 on PS3 and Vita called Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, but i'm not sure if it sold well enough for another anytime soon since I think it didn't sell 1 million? According to VGChartz numbers it sold 800k combined on PS3 and Vita. So it depends on how Sony views those sales numbers then I guess. 

FloatingWaffles said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

There was a new Sly Cooper game released back in 2013 on PS3 and Vita called Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, but i'm not sure if it sold well enough for another anytime soon since I think it didn't sell 1 million? So it depends on how Sony views those sales numbers then I guess. 

Well, they were going to do a Sly movie but they probably cancelled it after Ratchet's movie flopped 2nd week onwards. 

Around the Network

The reboot is excellent. I'd certainly buy a new game. But, non-Nintendo platformers don't seem to get much attention these days. So, who knows?

VAMatt said:
The reboot is excellent. I'd certainly buy a new game. But, non-Nintendo platformers don't seem to get much attention these days. So, who knows?

The reboot actually had the best debut in franchise history, iirc. I won't be surprised if it's the best selling R&C game ever, too.

We absolutely will, but likely not until after 2018. Spiderman is going to take up a ton of Insomniac's time until probably early next year, so I'd expect a new Ratchet possibly mid-year or late Spring 2019. Vitti, an employee who hangs out over on the IG Discord server, has even said that they have the resources to make another Ratchet right now, but that they are not currently working on one. So it's pretty much a matter of time until Sony comes a knockin'.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I'd love to see more Ratchet and Clank on the PS4. I don't know if we will because Insomniac are working on Spider-Man and it's getting a little late in the gen I think. But I do think we will get a new game from them in the next 5 or so years.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I only became a fan last gen, but I was really taken aback by how good these games are. I've only played A Crack In Time and Tools Of Destruction, and fallen behind since then, with Into The Nexus and the PS4 reboot still needing to be played. I sure want another one. A Crack In Time specifically, is in my top 10 last gen. Fantastic. Will we get another one on PS4? I'm gonna say yes.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."