By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Microsoft teams up with Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Would you like MS to team up with Nintendo?

It's sounds impossible b... 82 36.12%

No that would be awful! 126 55.51%

I don't know. 19 8.37%

Total:227

We all liked the idea of the Nintendo Playstation but it didnt work out and those are 2 Japanese companies we're talking about. So how would a Japanese company, especially one like Nintendo ever team up with an American global powerhouse like Microsoft?

Switch is doing very well at the moment and Nintendo seems to be more open in terms of online, dlc, mobile, licensing out their 20+ years old ip's and even teaming up with Xbox Live for online crossplay in Minecraft. One big problem is third party support, more specifically, Western third party support. This never changes with Nintendo consoles obviously because Nintendo doesn't want to take the risk in powerful hardware, Yes the Switch is pretty impressive but it's not at the same level of base PS4 nor Xbox One so we can all expect some third party support for Switch now that its fresh and new but I feel that in the long run Western third parties will skip the Switch because of hardware restraints.

Xbox One is not doing necessarily bad at the moment but the Xbox brand's fan reception has really gone downhill ever since the reveal of the Xbox One and it's only gotten worse in terms of first party games and games in general gamers prefer to buy their games on PS4 or on PC because of the better specs and Phil Spencer is an awesome guy who respects the competition (and likes Nintendo) but doesn't seem to be doing much other than streamlining all of their games to console and PC. Its hard to tell if Microsoft will come up with a successor to the Xbox One.

So if and i say IF there is a possibility of Ninty and MS teaming up in videogames division i think there would be huge benefits for both companies.

- More powerful and innovative hardware

- larger variety of first party games from Mario and Pokemon to Halo and Gears of War

- Japanese and Western third party support

- Both fanbases will merge and enjoy both respective ips

- better online + voice chat

- Nintendo will become more mainstream outside of Japan

- MS well be more mainstream outside of US

- Rare will become great again

- The Nintendo Xbox or the Super Microsoft or the Super Windowz

Thoughts? 

Around the Network

One simple answer: they won't. Different companies, different philosophies, different markets. I don't think Nintendo would be comfortable at all by sharing, or at the very least, having their franchises be related to anything Xbox.

Besides, we all know what happened the last time Nintendo joined in with a tech giant.

How many threads of this topic are people going to make?

Proud to be a Californian.

Seems to be that Microsoft would need Nintendo now more than Nintendo ever needing Microsoft.

This has been beaten to death. It won't happen. It'd be meaningless for sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to ever merge with anyone. Microsoft doesn't need them and they don't need Microsoft

Around the Network

The Xbox Dock for Switch: upscales all Switch games to 4K and has an optical drive to play all XB1-titles.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
The Xbox Dock for Switch: upscales all Switch games to 4K and has an optical drive to play all XB1-titles.

Optical drive for Xbox and Playstation is just there to install the game.  You would need a hard drive attached to it.

sethnintendo said:
Seems to be that Microsoft would need Nintendo now more than Nintendo ever needing Microsoft.

Hmm, I wouldn't really say that MS need Nintendo, it seems like they're willing to go as is.

sethnintendo said:
Mnementh said:

Optical drive for Xbox and Playstation is just there to install the game.  You would need a hard drive attached to it.

Well, harddrive as well. I think this dock can be expensive, as it would adress the hardcore-players.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

VGPolyglot said:
sethnintendo said:

Hmm, I wouldn't really say that MS need Nintendo, it seems like they're willing to go as is.

They have very few IPs that are system sellers.  Halo, Gears, and all their other series seem to be in a decline to me.