By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 currently going through a period of dominance in Japan

Tagged games:

With this week's results in ps4 is once again the #1 selling console in Japan.  Beating handhelds and hybrids alike. It's sales are a very healthy ~30k. And with some good software coming up the big sales could continue. 

How much longer will this ps4 dominance last for? I suppose splatoon 2 week it will be #2 but the week after with DQ11 it could return to #1!

Around the Network

Oh wait, never mind yes I do, it's trolling : P

PS4 is doing good though, but this is just in response to a previous post, I don't think 2 weeks is anything to get your hopes up just yet, or something to class as a 'peroid of dominance', on the other hand maybe if it was the top selling console for the last 6 months it would... : P

User warned -RavenXtra

Parody threads?
But yeah it took #1 :)

Can't wait for MH World, REmake 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 next year.

Amazing. the ps4 is the god of all consoles even out pacing the ps2 after more than 3 years.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The PS4 isn't dominating.

Its a parody thread (based on the switch domination of japan thread)... because Media Create had PS4 at 30k to the Switch's 25k.

It outsold the Switch "26th June - 2nd July"... but not really sure if you can call that "domination".

JRPGfan said:
Parody threads?
But yeah it took #1 :)

Kerotan seems to be good at that lol

Quite embarrassing...... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ps4 been dominating home console's since launch.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Kerotan said:

How much longer will this ps4 dominance last for? I suppose splatoon 2 week it will be #2 but the week after with DQ11 it could return to #1!

As Nintendo has announced that production increase for Switch are getting to the stores in July and August, I assume that the PS4 will not have easy wins the remainder of the year after that. It has strong sales, no doubt about that. But Switch has also high demand, if supply is delivered we'll see how high it really is. I can't really say how next year will go. Maybe Switch demand is satiated then and it drops off a cliff, but usually strong momentum for months after launch translate into longer strong momentum. 3DS probably will decline. PS4 might probably peaks this year, so I expect small drops next year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Oh please. The ps4 barely veat the wii U last october when the switch was announced.