By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With the success of the Crash Bandicoot remake, what are Spyro's chances?

Tagged games:

It is slightly premature to ask this question right now, considering we don't have concrete numbers yet, but the general buzz (such as here , on youtube, and on PSN) seems to be very positive, and, what is also very important, very numerous. I will indulge myself in the remake as well - as soon as I conquer Persona 5.

The above considered, what are the chances that the original Spyro trilogy gets the same treatment? It certainly has any and all factors that could make it a success:

• The character is, albeit different from the original, quite popular even now thanks to the skylanders series.
  • The technology to remake it on a wonderful level is certainly there - and all the other parts of the game have aged perfectly well IMO.
  • Activision owns Spyro (right? right?), much like it owns Crash - having cooperated on a project such as that once, why not once more?
  • ...anything else you can come up with that I obviously can't.
I don't see any reason why it CAN'T be done - and I will definitely  buy a remake if it is well-made. So, let us discuss the possibilities of that

Around the Network

You can still put the code for the spyro demo in the crash games but sadly the cursor just dissapears maybe a hint?

If it's well done it will sell millions as well. Not as much though.

Both owned by Activison, both had a trilogy of games on the PS1 and both in dire need of a renaissance.

Crash was announced for it's 20th anniversay, Spyro's 20th is next year...

Barkley said:
Both owned by Activison, both had a trilogy of games on the PS1 and both in dire need of a renaissance.

Crash was announced for it's 20th anniversay, Spyro's 20th is next year...

Haha, that would be one way for Sony to make a better E3 next year.

Around the Network

I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I suppose it's possible if N. Sane Trilogy sells well enough. However, it'd have to sell really, really well, because there ought to be much less demand for Spyro. Besides, I'm expecting Activision to also test the market for whether there's audience for another Crash game and then release one if there is, and I would expect them to do the same with Spyro. However, it's a big investment and I'm not sure it's worth the effort to them. There's probably a lot of ways Activision could spend its resources to profit even more than it could from Spyro.

I'd agree, but I'm not sure how Skylanders (technically Spyro) affects how Activision views that character.

Nymeria said:
I'd agree, but I'm not sure how Skylanders (technically Spyro) affects how Activision views that character.

Though this is the first year without a Skylanders release since it's creation.

Barkley said:
Nymeria said:

Though this is the first year without a Skylanders release since it's creation.

True, that whole model seems to be on the decline so not surprised they took a break.

i hope so and also crash team racing remake! with online multiplayer of course