By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breath of the Wild convinced me to try Witcher 3 and......

Tagged games:

So far it's great, got the game of the year edition for 17 pound on psn, excellent price. First impressions were cutscenes lookes fantastic,not quite UC4 quality but game is 2yr old.

Gameplay isn't quite as fun as BOTW, and the controls are definitely worse, can't quite put my finger on it but I turned the sensitivity right down which helps. I don't know just feels abit clumsy? Anyways loved Botw and it convinced me to give Witches 3 a try.

I can tell already  that Witches 3 has a better story, better VA and obviously better graphics but BOTW has better gameplay and better physics. Can't wait to delve deeper into the Witches 3 lore and world. Oh and Tomira the herbalist has the best booty I've seen in a video game 😍

Around the Network

The Witcher 3 is fun for sure, but once you realize you can just force push all enemies to the ground and sink your sword into them combat becomes easy. Any enemies other than big monsters become trivial. Also, potions in the Witcher are pretty much useless. And finally the dialogue is looooooooooooooooooooooooong. There were way too many times that characters just kept talking and talking and talking. Instead of "I'm going to the store", we'd get "I am going to jump on that carriage, sit in the back for a couple of hours, jump out, walk fifty feet, purchase something from the shop, and then return".

I think Witcher 3 is by far the best most detailed in lore/execution for open world game I seen.

Acevil said:
I think Witcher 3 is by far the best most detailed in lore/execution for open world game I seen.

Only problem is I've never played a Witcher game before so have no idea what's going on lol!!

^ Yeah dialogue is abit drawn out was waiting to save it earlier but the cutscene went on and on

Around the Network

Hopefully this game will tide me over until Skyrim drops on Switch!!

They are both great games. Visuals overall is a tie for me as the art style of BotW makes up for the technical disadvantage that it has when compared to Witcher 3.

Gameplay goes to BotW and story goes to Witcher 3.

Both are must plays in my opinion.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

both great games I put over 400 hrs into Witcher 3) and its expansions(highly recommend getting them if you find yourself loving the game) and currently sitting at 200+ hours in BOTW and I haven't even done half the stuff in the game.

Edit: nvm just noticed it was the game of the year edition...This game should hold you over for a good while definitely

Zelda has far better gameplay. Witchers story is well told though.

This is in my backlog to play once Ive finished with Breath of the Wild