By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can Microsoft win E3? Update: Almost, but dropped the ball!

Tagged games:

What Microsoft needs?

$299. 85 23.55%

Switch clone. 14 3.88%

Knack 2 exclusivity! 68 18.84%

Resign and go 3rd party. 134 37.12%

Nothing. 6 Tflops bitches! 60 16.62%

Total:361

Microsoft put themselves in a very hard position this generation. Not only they lost 50%+ marketshare compared to last gen but they lost consumer trust and untimately hurted the Xbox brand. They have failed to impress a substantial amount of the gaming crowd with their exclusive games/features/services. They have also lost most of their exclusive third party deals and seem to be bleeding third party support, especially in Japan. They even had some problems with their own first party software as seen with highly anticipated games such as Scalebound. 

Now we are getting close to E3 2017 and they need to push a new 4k capable version of the One. Their very sucessful main competitor failed to light the world on fire with their 4k solution. Which puts in doubt the ability of Scorpio to change Microsoft's fortune as 4k hasn't yet become a game changer. So, the question is: What can they do? What would it take for Microsoft to generate hype and gain gamers favor?

E3 Showing Update: They had a decent E3 conference but dropped the ball with the X's price. Regardless, so far:

The good stuff:

*Grand majority of games taking legit advantage of the Xbox One X

*22 console exclusives. Though, most are definitely timed exclusives.

*The Nintendo Switch made a cameo on the conference.

*Cross platform support (for Minecraft).

*Many interesting games shown like Black Desert, Last Night, Anthem etc.

*Codevein is also coming to Xbox. (Been having problems getting some Japanese games lately).

*Sea of Thieves!

*Ori 2 sumthin sumthin Wills.

*Improved backwards compatibility. OG Xbox compatibility.

*Biggest news: Super Lucky > Knack. There, I said it.

The bad stuff:

*No big surprises.

*$499 US/$650 AU pricetag for the X. :(

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Announce Super Mario Odyssey for the Xbox One

Dang. You posted before I was done with the poll. Such a sniper.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I don't want to say it, but I think it really is too late for Microsoft to be winning anymore. Nintendo, despite this head scratching online nonsense, has all the momentum going into E3. Sony, while having zero momentum, needs none.
Already a shoe in, they don't have to do much at all but brag and announce games, to win.

MS can win over some people I think. They can get some attention and blow up twitter for a while. But in reality, they are the opening act to the headliner and main event.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Release scorpio at a fair price. All the multiplatform games that console gamers buy the most will run and play better on xbox scorpio. Not to mention the best online and best controller.

Probably nothing but just do what they do and hope for a better gen next time. Sony and Nintendo have all the attention these days and a very expensive higher speced console going against the more popular and cheaper PS4 and Switch is not going to do them any favors.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
FunFan said:

Dang. You posted before I was done with the poll. Such a sniper.

And what a poll too! They gotta go for that Knack 2 exclusivity!!!

I still hope those with console history knowkedge could go for the first option. I made it for old schoolers.

I mean they would have to do something unheard of. Like Zelda BOTW on X1.

Buy Nintendo.

Make FF VII Remake come out next year on Scorpio or announce remake of Legend of Dragoon or Legend of Dragoon II.
With any of those I would buy my first xbox console ever

Announce KOTOR3