By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S

Tagged games:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42834/USA/

Not sure if this might change with Europe (I think Lego Games do the best there), but it's interesting to see a Switch version of a Multiplat do better than the other versions. IS it just Undercover or could this be a good sign?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I'm the opposite of surprised.

Lego anything does well with the Nintendo audience and there is a lack of games for Switch.

EDIT: Just saw US numbers, it had a shitty opening across all platforms as well. But maybe legs will be better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Why is this open world lego game sell so little compare to other lego games?

I think small-medium sized indie, Japanese & kid/family titles will do well on Switch so this is no surprise to me but obviously we will get alot of "ya well what else are Switch owners supposed to buy?" type of posts.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The real story here is 1-2 Switch outselling Horizon.

Around the Network

Lego games sell well on Nintendo, plus there aren't that many Switch games around, plus there were other bigger releases on PS4 and XBOne...

Still, great news. At the very least this will be a great signal for 3rd parties that focus on family friendly games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Lego games sell well on Nintendo, plus there aren't that many Switch games around, plus there were other bigger releases on PS4 and XBOne...

Still, great news. At the very least this will be a great signal for 3rd parties that focus on family friendly games.

Given that Battlefield 1's production nearly stopped because EA 'wasn't sure kids knew what WW1 was', let's ask oursevles what a 'family friendly game' is anyway. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

See, this is what happens when you release a decent port of a game on the same day as the other versions on a Nintendo console. I wonder when was the last time that ever happened...?

p0isonparadise said:

"insert idontwant2liveonthisplanetanymore.gif"

JRPGfan said:
p0isonparadise said:

"insert idontwant2liveonthisplanetanymore.gif"

I don't want to be the guy who makes that thread. That can only end so well...