By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

How many million sellers will the Switch have after a year?

1-2. 17 3.44%

3-4. 63 12.75%

5-6. 140 28.34%

7-8. 120 24.29%

9-10. 66 13.36%

More than 10 million sellers. 88 17.81%

Total:494

The Switch is flying off the shelves, and its games are also selling wonderfully. BotW already reached the million, and MK8Deluxe is probably reaching it son, while smaller titles like 1-2 Switch and Bomberman R have very healthy numbers as well.  But how well are they selling? How many million sellers will the Switch have once march of 2018 arrives?

If I had to make a guess, BotW, MK8D, 1-2 Switch, Minecraft, Arms and Mario Odyssey* will reach the million, so at least 6 million sellers, plus the ones unnannounced yet.

By the way, does anybody know the million sellers year 1 for the WiiU, 3DS, PS4 and XBOne? Just to make a comparaison.

*Edit. I can't believe I forgot Splatoon 2. That might do a million in Japan alone, if lucky.

Switch Confirmed Million sellers.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild  
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  
1-2 Switch  
Arms  
Splatoon 2  
Super Mario Odyssey  
Xenoblade Chronicles 2  
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle  
Pokken Tournament DX  

3DS Million Sellers (first year). (UPDATING)

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
Nintendogs + cats (3DS)

Wii U Million Sellers (first year). (UPDATING)

Nintendo Land (WiiU)  
New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU)  

PS4 Million Sellers (first year). (UPDATING)

XBOne Million Sellers (first year). (UPDATING)

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 26 February 2018

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Tag

I'm gona say over 10, the lineup is packed with quality titles: Zelda is already over 1M, 1-2 Switch will follow soon, MK8 will easily do 1M+ FW so there's three in the first two months of its lifecycle, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey will be milion sellers FW no brainer while Xeno2, ARMS and FEW could all sell over 1M by the time of March 2018 considering they all fill gaps for genres currently unavailable on Switch, plus they will all likely get far more advertisement than their predecessors/titles on Wii U. this means that only with these first party titles we would have 8 milion sellers, I have a hard time not seeing at least two other milion sellers on the system...

Zelda
1, 2 Switch
Mario Kart
Splatoon
Minecraft
Mario Odissey

maybe:
Xeno2
ARMS

Click HERE and be happy 

Well we have Zelda, mario, mario kart, and splatoon, so at least 4 already. I also feel 1-2 Switch, Minecraft, Arms, and MAYBE Xeno 2 will reach 1M, so 7-8 is my guess

Around the Network

Around 10. Off the top of my head of games that are either over that mark or have a shot at it within a year: BotW, 1-2-Switch, MK8:D, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Skyrim, Minecraft, Mario Odyssey and Dragon Quest XI.

Zelda Botw
1,2 Switch
Mario Kart 8 DE
Minecraft
Splatoon 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Super Mario Odyssey

Maybe:
Super Bomberman R
SnniperClips
Arms
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fifa 18
Nba 2k18
Sonic Forces

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

From what we've seen so far, at least 4. Zelda, Mario, Spla2n, and MK8. Those seem like safe bets.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BOTW, Mario Kart, Minecraft, Splatoon 2, and Odyssey are guaranteed, so that's at least 5 titles.

Not 100% confident on anything else.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Mario Kart
Mario Odyssey
Zelda
Fast Racing RMX
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade 2
ARMS
Minecraft
So 8 but I think some third party games and unannounced games could do 1m so I'll say 11.