By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could a TV DOCK save the PSVITA?

Tagged games:

Is the PSVITA dead?

It is dead. 65 67.01%

Not dead yet. 10 10.31%

It is in life support intensive care unit. 18 18.56%

It is doing great. 4 4.12%

Total:97

Is the PSVITA dead? What could save it now?

At 15 million units sold, it is safe to say the PSVITA, although it is a amazing piece of hardware, is a huge fiasco if compared to the PSP.

But, is it dead? Like, stopping production dead?

If not, what could save it?

I have a few ideas.

How about a DOCK like the Switch has? to use it in the TV? Could it help it? 

Like, include it with every handheld.

How about you? Got any ideas to save the PSVITA?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Come on dude, we are talking about a device that came out in 2011.

Train wreck said:

So... dead?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Train wreck said:

Same as the 3DS! But it looks like even Nintendo is still talking about it....... 

OT: Sorry but the main problem with the Vita is still its price and the games.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

No because the vita wasn't designed to have a dock which increases its power... All a dock would do is connect it to a TV and that's about it...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

If you just want to connect to a TV there is a Vita TV. Besides, as for now the current Vita port does not capable for connecting to the dock.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Jranation said:
Train wreck said:

Same as the 3DS! But it looks like even Nintendo is still talking about it....... 

OT: Sorry but the main problem with the Vita is still its price and the games.

I wonder if it would harm Sony to include a TV Dock without getting the price up.

I'll post in every Vita thread made. I love that little f***er. I don't think anything can save it though. It is what it is.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I do think it's too late to make another push on the Vita. I mean, it's just old now.

I think if Sony decided to make another handheld dock wouldn't be a bad idea. Though I think making it optional would be a better idea.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

BraLoD said:
If Sony had put a GoW there I would eventually pick it up without a doubt.
Sadly unlike the PSP, the Vita has not many weightful exclusives specially to someone who have a PS3 and PS4 as I do, well, PSP digital compatibility is a nice touch but that's about it.
Gravity Rush and Terraway moved out of it, Golden Abyss is basically the only thing Sony kept unique to it, a From Software and Japan Studios colab as Demon's Souls and Bloodborne exclusive for it could also make me want it.
But it's dead, nothing is saving it, it's a failed product and Sony has moved on for quite some time already.
Honestly I don't see myself ever getting it.

Vor said:
If you just want to connect to a TV there is a Vita TV. Besides, as for now the current Vita port does not capable for connecting to the dock.

Yes... MAkes sense. Sadly