By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Remedy is 3rd party now ..

Tagged games:

http://www.remedygames.com/remedy-continues-a-successful-year-with-two-new-games/

Currently Remedy is developing a sequel to one of the most popular games in the world in cooperation with the Korean publisher Smilegate, who’s long-time success CrossFire gathers 650 million registered users and over one billion dollar yearly revenues.

Remedy is also working on a game project codenamed P7. The company’s strategy is to release the game on a wider range of platforms, which is why Remedy is developing its Northlight technology also for PlayStation 4 consoles.

Around the Network

Weren't they always third party? I thought they were just making exclusive deals with MS.

Technically they have always been 3rd party, just like Insomniac

Preston Scott

Does anyone care anymore? =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

think-man said:
Weren't they always third party? I thought they were just making exclusive deals with MS.

They were 2nd party.

Anyway, their new game is coming also to PS4.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

Nobody knows if they can release high profile game without publisher behind them. 

Top 10 anime betrayals! Number 3 will shock you!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

OdinHades said:

Which kind of question is that? Everyone who will buy their games on a platform they didn't develop for before will obviously care about it.

KingofTrolls said:
think-man said:

They were 2nd party.

I wouldn't say so. They had publishing deals for two games, and Remedy even published the first one on PC themselves because the deal allowed it. I'd say that shows enough independence to be considered third part instead of second. Had the publishing relationship continued, I might think otherwise, but currently, I must disagree. Of course it's a fuzzy thing since second party isn't even defined very strictly, so it's somewhat dependent on subjective interpretations.

I can understand it when Sony's 2nd party partners go multiplat or even make a game exclusively for another platform. But I really can't understand what MS is thinking when they allow things like these slip through their fingers.

I am all for games for everyone and shit, and their game(s) coming to the PS4 is great and all... but I am speaking on Xbox as a platform. I don't think they can afford to have partnerships they have with the few dev teams they have left that build exclusively for them break down.

Sony has like what? 18+ independent studios that make games for them exclusively be it 1st or 2nd party. And it shows every single year with the amount of exclusive content they have. What has MS got? Halo, gears and Forza? For practically the last decade? What are those guys at redmond thinking?