By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Akiba’s Trip series tops 300,000 in Japan, 360,000 in the west !

Tagged games:

The Akiba’s Trip series in Japan has topped 300,000 units as of the end of February, Acquire announced. That includes 168,529 units for Akiba’s Trip and 132,003 units for Akiba’s Trip 2.  

The western release of Akiba’s Trip 2, known as Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed outside of Japan, is estimated to have topped 360,000 units as of the end of 2016. The original Akiba’s Trip did not release in the west.

360k for a single niche japanese game in the west is pretty good, I hope SE will take notes and add pantyshots to mainline FFs

Around the Network

Well deserved, one of my favourite games of the last few years! =]

Oh, and for the record, I bought it two times. One for Vita and one for PS4.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

RenCutypoison said:

The Akiba’s Trip series in Japan has topped 300,000 units as of the end of February, Acquire announced. That includes 168,529 units for Akiba’s Trip and 132,003 units for Akiba’s Trip 2.  

The western release of Akiba’s Trip 2, known as Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed outside of Japan, is estimated to have topped 360,000 units as of the end of 2016. The original Akiba’s Trip did not release in the west.

360k for a single niche japanese game in the west is pretty good, I hope SE will take notes and add more pantyshots in mainline FFs

It worked for Neir isn't that a SE title.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
RenCutypoison said:

360k for a single niche japanese game in the west is pretty good, I hope SE will take notes and add more pantyshots in mainline FFs

It worked for Neir isn't that a SE title.

Don't sexualize androids !

These are pretty great numbers for a niche title. Hopefully they release more now for its fans.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

I've never really looked at this title before, whats it all about? 

think-man said:
OdinHades said:

I've never really looked at this title before, whats it all about? 

It's a 3D (free movement in closed area) beat em up with RPG elements where you fight vampire to strip them of their clothes so they can't handle the sunlight.

It's known for its comical fanservice and meta-humor.

That's pretty good for a niche IP like this. Sadly Acquire seem to have killed the IP since -_-

It makes me sad that it won't continue with the same type of gameplay of the previous 2 games.... T_T Maybe some day...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Kresnik said:
That's pretty good for a niche IP like this. Sadly Acquire seem to have killed the IP since -_-

You're talking about that spinoff title, Akiba's Beat, right? No one asked for that and it flopped in Japan.