By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lego City Undercover on Switch does NOT require 13 GB download

Tagged games:

There was some speculation here on the site yesterday that Warner Bros had chosen to put Lego City Undercover for Switch on a 8GB game cartridge instead of a 32 GB one, and then put the remaining 13 GB up as a mandatory download, in order to save money on cartridge costs. This was supported by images of the box art that said that internet connection was required and 13 GB of free space on the Switch's internal memory or on an SD card was needed. Warner Bros. has come out though and clarified that the information on the box was a mistake, and that the game does not require internet or 13 GB of free space. The game will have an optional smaller day 1 patch though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/wb-comments-on-lego-city-undercover-switch-download

Around the Network

Thank you, op!

That's good, I was gonna get it, but then i wasn't, but now i am again.

But the question is did WB 'screw up' the box on purpose to get free publicity for this game? Everybody was talking about it yesterday.

Good news. I played the game on Wii U and it's really fun. Think GTA but with Legos.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I think what should be clear to everyone regardless is there's basically two options for Switch owners here:

1. You buy mostly physical games
2. You buy digital games, in which case you need to expand your storage.

I'm mostly 1 but expanded it anyway... I hope we don't get a thread about every game's storage requirement going forward (not that I'm talking about the OP here, I know you're responding to a rumor) lol

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Good news. I played the game on Wii U and it's really fun. Think GTA but with Legos.

San Andreas GTA? Not GTA 5? If so, that sounds like fun.

cliffhanger said:
That's good, I was gonna get it, but then i wasn't, but now i am again.

But the question is did WB 'screw up' the box on purpose to get free publicity for this game? Everybody was talking about it yesterday.

Maybe. Though it could just have been an oversight like the Breath of the Wild Wii U boxart saying it supports classic controllers when it doesn't lol.

Let's see how optional and "small" that patch will be.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Great game but I hope they fixed those load times. Only Lego game I liked.

Could end up worse than the wii u version if they've spent time removing as much as possible and reducing the quality of textures or repeating textures more. Hopefully they've just done a better job with compression which might also help improve load times.

I bought the wii u version for £13 I think when it first came out as part of the select range. It does have a few issues. To be honest I'm interested to see how the ps4 improves the game.