By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will be ever see LittleBigPlanet again?

Tagged games:

When LittleBigPlanet lanuched it 2008 it was a breath of freash air, then we got an imporved sequal in 2011 no one was asking for.. but it was good, good enought to then have that last the rest of the gen until the developers had improved enough to create a new game for PS4.

did that happen? nope..we got LBP3 which (IMO) was awful, they didnt need to add 3 extra charcters at all!

We in total got: LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita, LBP Karting, LBP3

milk.

but i would like to see LBP4 tbh, i want it to return to the glory days of LBP1 and 2 and eben throw in Karting. just sackboy and not overely complicated with 400 layers like on LBP3.

Would you want another LittleBigPlanet? do you think Sony adding it to the Free games collection could be a sign of another game coming?

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Around the Network

Hopefully not. The game was creative and all, but the gameplay sucked balls.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I wouldn't call it milked since it isn't a yearly title only having two plus a Kat game last gen and 1 this gen and only 2 portable games one for each gen of portables. Also that mobile game.

Anyways the first and second game were great party games and no one I knew had interest in the third game. I agree that having those 3 plain characters where a mistake.

I wouldn't mind a 4th game thou, but it has to give the same feeling of freshness the first one had. Maybe time to head to full on 3D.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I surely hope so! I wouldn't mind seeing a 3D Little Big Planet game! Or another Kart game with bigger courses. 

I actully liked they added more characters because LBP was becoming too stale. Even with the extra characters it was still a bore to play though. Even with more layers (16, up from 3 in previous games) and added tools and mechanics it was still too samey in single player.

The community levels though are a gold mine of interesting and fun levels and it's by far the best feature (or making levels if you're the creative type). I feel the developers should take note and make a collection of mini games instead of one boring campaign with sackboy.

Around the Network

I would like them to do a bunch of things with LBP:

1) release another LBP Karting game
2) release another LBP game towards the end of the PS4 gen
3) release a LBP community app where people can build and share things with each other, request help to build a level etc

OdinHades said:
Hopefully not. The game was creative and all, but the gameplay sucked balls.

I kinda want to challenge you to a fistfight. Yet within your smelly comment, there is some truth. If I was going to sacrifice a Sony franchise to the moon, it would be LBP. Super charming. Why doesn't the jump work right? Nice music and atmosphere. The jump though.....just the jump. Some GREAT user created stages. Too bad jumping is like passing a kidney stone...We can still fight if you want.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

i could see one releasing next gen. maybe in 2022 or something. by that time it would have had a big rest and interest could increase.

Little Big Planet was tricky. By including a full blown and very detailed level creator in the first game, it kind of made the need for future installments on the same platform irrelevant. I mean, adding new stuff is cool and all, but LBP2 could have just been an expansive DLC pack for LBP instead of a full game considering how little it did to truly add to the LBP formula in a meaningful capacity. Then we got LBP3, where the redundancy of LBP sequels became so obvious, they (the new developer) added in multiple playable characters to try to switch it up, but it ended up feeling even more unnecessary and tacked on.

Little Big Planet had too much going for it in the first game, effectively boxing itself in and preventing any kind of worthwhile growth that would warrant a new release. Respectable efforts were made, but I feel like Media Molecule realized this and it's why they chose to move on to something new and ambitious with Tearaway and now with Dreams. A new LBP every generation might be nice just to keep a solid platformer with an expansive level editor constantly available on the latest console, but multiple installments every generation is truly unnecessary and has likely ended all future efforts with the IP.

LittleBigPlanet 4? Probably not, at least not from Media Molecule (I think they are done with the franchise).
But I could imagine that a LittleBigPlanet Collection could happen in the future (maybe for PS5?).