By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Finsomniacgames%2Fvideos%2F10155017755109853%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2485MmEBwI

Around the Network

Just in case anyone doesn't know, they're the developers for Spyro and Ratchet&Clank.

Also, something about all of this concerns me- how did they pass such laws so quickly? Aren't we supposed to have bills be introduced to the judicial branch, and then signed by the executive branch? Unless I'm overlooking major details, I'm concerned as to whether there'll be an imbalance in the 3 branches or not.

monocle_layton said:
Just in case anyone doesn't know, they're the developers for Spyro and Ratchet&Clank.

Also, something about all of this concerns me- how did they pass such laws so quickly? Aren't we supposed to have bills be introduced to the judicial branch, and then signed by the executive branch? Unless I'm overlooking major details, I'm concerned as to whether there'll be an imbalance in the 3 branches or not.

@Bolded: Seriously? You thought it might not be a well known fact on a gaming centric forum?

monocle_layton said:

The President has the legal right to take certain actions on his own through Executive Orders (EO). They're pretty common and Trump hasn't really been issuing more than a normal President early in his term.

I also want to say that I actually think the Presidents ability to issue Executive Orders is important, we just need to make sure we don't let lunatics like Trump become President in the first place.

Oh, and way to go Insomniac.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Hynad said:
monocle_layton said:

@Bolded: Seriously? You thought it might not be a well known fact on a gaming centric forum?

Hey, you never know. 

Normchacho said:
monocle_layton said:

The President has the legal right to take certain actions on his own through Executive Orders (EO). They're pretty common and Trump hasn't really been issuing more than a normal President early in his term.

I also want to say that I actually think the Presidents ability to issue Executive Orders is important, we just need to make sure we don't let lunatics like Trump become President in the first place.

Oh, and way to go Insomniac.

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't much to do about that. :(

Definitely going to be a lot of division between the US and the world as his first 100 days go by. Really hope the seperation between pro-trump and anti-trump supporters doesn't become worse. 

Around the Network

I never knew that this Immigration thing are affecting our gaming life , probably when Trump decide to stop US company producing their product on China , It will be affecting every entertainment and electronic business as whole.

Yeah, I can't support this. I love Insomniac, but I don't see eye to eye with them on this. America needs to be ran better, immigration laws need to be more strict. The way Trumps (temporary) ban played out played out may not have been popular with some, but it was done for the right reason.

America is still going to be a welcome place for people of all nationality, race, and religion when the Trump administration puts their full immigration policy in place. Poeple are to quick to freak out now days.

At any rate I am not going to protest Insomniac because I don't agree with their views. I will be buying Sunset Overdrive when I get my Scorpio later this year, and I will by the next Ratchet or Resistance they put out on PlayStation.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Again but why didn't they complain about this before Trump was voted in?

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

BTW, from now on, I will buy my Insomniac games, used.

ratuscafoarterea said:

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

BTW, from now on, I will buy my Insomniac games, used.

I mean, they released a statement. Your opinion doesn't matter in this context. What a weird complaint...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.