By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma has confirmed that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will have no Loading Screens in the Overworld!

Tagged games:

It was expected but it is good to see that it is 100% confirmed :)

Gamekult: What motivated the choice of such an open, systemic world?

Eiji Aonuma: The wish to create an open world game came shortly after Skyward Sword was finished. We realized that the way you flew from one area to another, with no opportunity to walk instead, had frustrated a lot of people who wanted to know what was hidden between the regions. One of the greatest thrills of the Zelda series lies in exploring and looking for hidden things, so after a few preliminary tests, we reckoned that the Wii U had the power we needed to create a satisfying open world – one that would allow players to visit the entire world with no loading times. Everything stemmed from that intention.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-full-gamekult-interview-translation/

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

So I expect that going into houses won't require loading times either, that's great. I kind of hoped it would be like that after seeing the woodcutter's house in the demo. I know Nintendo's hiding so much from us, can't wait to see what this game has to offer!

Not long now :) feels like I been waiting for ever though

I would have been surprised if it did.

I hate Nintendo when they say that they coudn't do certain stuff because of limited hardware power. Nintendo, why are you limiting yourself then?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Not surprising but good to hear.

Good news. Can't wait to immerse myself in this game.

Peh said:
I hate Nintendo when they say that they coudn't do certain stuff because of limited hardware power. Nintendo, why are you limiting yourself then?

To make the best out of a system's capabilities and make room for improvement over the next installment

Peh said:

Did you know that they basically came up with the Wind Wakers flooded storyline due to hardware limitations? They wanted a huge open world game like "Breath of the Wild" but the gamecube coudl not handle that. So in order to have a big map (big at the time) they filled it with a huge empty ocean. Then they made the sailing only so fast in order for the system to be able to load up islands as you approached them. The HD remake on the Wii U was able to use the faster sail cause it coudl load islands faster.

So even when they had top of the line hardware, they were prevented from their aspirations.

Meh... Would not have minded loading screens. I like gamey shit like that.