By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Don't you hate self-regenerating bosses?

Tagged games:

Don't you hate self-regenerating bosses?

Yes, it's a dirty trick. 22 64.71%

You can heal too, right? Don't complain. 12 35.29%

Total:34

I'm making this thread out of frustration. I keep being stuck on bosses who, after a grueling fight, I have them pinned down and ready to give the coup the grace, and then they do something and regenerate 1/3 of their life, leaving me with no mp or items left to go. And because a lot of these games work by the rules of "status effects don't work on bosses", I can't poison, burn or anti-heal them! Don't you hate it when that happens?

Fuck you Gilvaroth! I can't even grind more against you because I'd have to beat the pre-final boss form again! Fuck you, Klaus, you Bleach-looking thing! I would have taken you down multiple times if you didn't use that trick!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Yeah. Screw bosses like that. Its just fucking annoying

Yep. I remember one of the Final Fantasy bosses that would heal itself for a massive amount. The first time I fought it, I was thinking I was about to win even though I was on the verge of death, when "9999" or something in green numbers floated up above the boss. Talk about being stunned in despair.

Though a different thing, I remember a boss in one of the Borderland games resetting completely when you got too far away, even though you were still within range of its attack. I almost turned the game off when that happened.

How do you think the bosses feel about you in almost every game? lol

Yes, really annoying -.-

Debuffs are the way to go

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Yeah, it seems to only serve as padding out a boss fight, which always sucks =_=

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Yes, I agree.

I hate it when they program in triggered events where once a boss is at 50% or 25% health it cuts off any attack for a scene. You don't know this and unleash your ultimate mega attack when they are at 27% and it stops at 25%. If you'd waited for after this unknown cut scene could have knocked off a good 10-20% of their life bar in one swoop.

Yep, it's very annoying.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Git gud

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I hate bosses that you can't kill because the game doesn't want them to die yet. You can shoot them 50 times but just because it's not at the right stage in the game, they're unaffected by it.