By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have any Christmas gaming traditions?

Tagged games:

Not really, I have the musical tradition to listen "A Charlie Brown Christmas" from Vince Guaraldi every Christmas, but as far as gaming I don't have anyone yet, I should find one, is never too late.

Around the Network

I used to play Bill Walsh college football with family members back in the 90s. Even had the 4 player adapter on the Genesis for such games. Last time I remember playing with family was during the early Wii years. Otherwise I'm playing by myself.

I go insane and buy 5 retail videogames. It doesnt matter which. I may not even have 5 games I want to play(tho, there always is...), but I still go and buy 5 videogames. Always. All in the same day. 

Not on christmas, but new years eve is age of empires 2 time.

Nothing as specific as yours, but for whatever reason I always seemed to get Mario games for christmas, so Mario has a very strong tie to the season for me. Might pull some out this year and play them just for the sake of those memories.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

I go insane and buy 5 retail videogames. It doesnt matter which. I may not even have 5 games I want to play(tho, there always is...), but I still go and buy 5 videogames. Always. All in the same day. 

This is a great tradition.  I usually buy 3-4 throughout the season, which accounts for about half of my annual game purchases.  I think I'm gonna have to try your method next year.  

Playing through Arkham Origins because it's actually set at Christmas

I am Iron Man

Nothing specifically, but I do play more games during the holidays :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Yes we play crash bandicoot on the psone brings nostalgia and fond memories back

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I used to play Parasite Eve around Christmas time every year, up until a few years ago. Then I'd ring in the new year with either the Chrysler building dungeon or Parasite Eve 2.

My other, sometimes unconnected 'ritual' is staying awake all night before Christmas / waking up way too early and being unable to go back asleep. While waiting for everyone else to wake up I'd play video games.