By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pokemon Go Generation 2 failed to arrive. New patch, new error messages!

Tagged games:

Will Gen 2 Save PoGo?

Yes, Millions will return. 2 4.55%

Yes, interest will return, smaller scale 15 34.09%

Yes, but much smaller 4 9.09%

No, Has Peaked, Never returning 14 31.82%

No, Has Peaked, Needs Maj... 6 13.64%

No, Has Peaked, Needs PoGo2 Different Dev 0 0%

Ganon's a fool, Show me the results!! 3 6.82%

Total:44

I had originally written this as a reply in another thread but rather than it disappearing in that I figure I'll give it a thread here where it can disappear and people can tell me directly why I'm wrong!

Basically we have rumours around that Generation 2 Pokemon will be arriving in Pokemon Go as early as this next week, which has been heralded by some people as all the game needs to "Save" it.

But it always hits me that the Gen 2 Pokemon we have 2 major issues.

1: The Generation 2 Pokemon don't really have that mass market appeal which the original 151 guys did, do the same parents who know Pikachu know things like Hoothoot, Sudowoodo.... Wooper? Xatu? like of all the guys in it there are maybe 3-5 which I think would get recognition by non Pokemon players in

Togepi

Marill

2: This one is far worse in my opinon for the game but Gen 2 has far fewer mon than the original game, Obviously 3 legendary dogs as well as other legendarys taking away from the lower figure of 100 guys in the game.

Here's a full picture of all of the Generation 2 Pokemon which will be added to the Game.

Just a breakdown of the incoming Pokemon we'll get from Gen 2.

Obviously all the starters will be rare as heck, Togepi same, Teddiursa = new Snorlax, 3x legendary dogs, Hitmontop, Tyranitar family, Ho-Oh! and Celibi

So 22 of the new 100 will be Rare to unobtainable.

Then you have the returning Mon in either extra Evolutions or in Baby forms, can't imagine they'll allow the baby forms of rare Pokemon appear very Frequently so the Rare baby Pokemon would be

Pichu, Cleffa, Iggly, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby

7 equally rare guys there.

And we have the returning Mon's extra Evolutions which basically will not effect the current appearence of these pokemon in the slightest, many of whom are already on the rarest list right now so you can enjoy going out to not see the following guys on the street.

Crowbat (Zubat's are not exactly rare, but still, you wont be seeing a Third evolution in the wild of him, you'll achieve this via evulation of Golbat)

Bellossum

Politoed

SlowKing

Steelix

Scizor

Kingdra

PoryGon2

Blissey

Obviously since Eevees are everywhere the 2 added Eeveelutions will be present but not on the streets just by candy and what ever hoop you jump through for them Day/Night at a guess.

But yeah 11 more guys from Gen2 that effectively will never been seen outside.

So basically 40 of the 100 guys coming in with Gen 2 will not be making an appearence on the street, will the ones who do show up save the game and make it huge again? Hardly in my option. Feel free to say why I'm wrong because there is a minority of "whales" which the game has roped in who'll love the new Gen and why PoGo will remain a money spinner for years regardless of size of player base.

Out of interest on a Forum of Gamers (hard core and otherwise) when you look at that picture of the Gen 2 Pokemon, are they iconic to you guys? As much as the original Pokemon, Starters and Legendarys?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Considering half the US is going into a deep freeze with snow storms, nothing is going to matter. It was always a warm weather pastime. I doubt they thought it would succeed in the winter months.

This update should wait until spring, when people can go outside once again without the freezing cold.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It will see a boost in usage, but the winter weather definitely will take a hit

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I agree they should save it until spring. Maybe just release some ice pokemon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
pray4mojo said:

Considering half the US is going into a deep freeze with snow storms, nothing is going to matter. It was always a warm weather pastime. I doubt they thought it would succeed in the winter months.

Have you seen also that Niantic have made it so you cannot access PokeStops now while moving above 12km ph? It's insane but I've actually encountered speed issues while jogging outside but in the winter having to actually walk and stop at these things to get items in the cold and rain here is just game breaking. Since I hit level 31 my playtime has completely dropped because of just being drained of items with the new scheme and there is no way in hell I'm paying them money because they've Broken the item system in game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Darwinianevolution said:
This update should wait until spring, when people can go outside once again without the freezing cold.

Yeah Mid winter is a very bad time I think for it to drop too, but I think if you look at Amazon Ratings for the game in terms of popular apps it's currently down at 60+ spot and even in the Highest Grossing charts it's currently dropped down to 5th place now. I think it will be released in Alarm mode to try to keep the game some what relevant because if you drop from the top 100 I mean you are basically competing with utter rubbish to get any sort of footing ever again.

If they do release it soon it most certainly wouldn't have been their ideal time to release it though.

Ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yeah Mid winter is a very bad time I think for it to drop too, but I think if you look at Amazon Ratings for the game in terms of popular apps it's currently down at 60+ spot and even in the Highest Grossing charts it's currently dropped down to 5th place now. I think it will be released in Alarm mode to try to keep the game some what relevant because if you drop from the top 100 I mean you are basically competing with utter rubbish to get any sort of footing ever again.

If they do release it soon it most certainly wouldn't have been their ideal time to release it though.

They should release the trade function once and for all. That way, people would use the app again without the need of going outside. Just trade the extra regional pokemon you caught.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

This.
Summer 2016 definitely contributed to the success of Pokemon Go. Releasing the generation 2 update in the winter wouldn't be clever.

I stopped playing a long ago because I felt they games was not polished and terribly unbalanced. Did they ever revamped the stats/moves to balance the pokemon and make all, or at least most, of them useful? Or are all the gyms still defended by Dragonites, Vaporeons and Exeggutors of 2000-3000cp.