By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, I just finished FFXV's story (23 hours in)

Tagged games:

It took me only 23 hours. i'm kind of disappointed because I definitely didn't expect this. Tabata mentionned 40-60 hours for the main quest and 100-200 hours to complete everything. Maybe he was counting with the DLCs ? lol

I did about 1/3 of the side quests I saw, and most of the monster hunting contracts that were not too high level for the zone.

It's pretty short but I enjoyed it a whole lot. This may the most intense 23 hours I played in a RPG.

Edit : a friend of mine just updated me. He is 23 hours into the game too and just got to the half of the story. He does all the side quests.

Around the Network

So if you had to put a generic number on it out of 10?

I ask because I am wondering if its worth pre-ordering or not for the pre-order bonuses.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Only 23 hours to finish main story?
10 years of waiting for 23 hours??!!!!!

wow. So would you say that it was worth waiting 10 years?

starcraft said:
So if you had to put a generic number on it out of 10?

I ask because I am wondering if its worth pre-ordering or not for the pre-order bonuses.

9/10 if you're fine with shorter games. I haven't tried my preorder bonus, it's blocked until tuesday lol, so I can't tell if it's any good (masamune weapon).

The plot is a bit weak at first, but the story is told in the best way I've seen in a JRPG. Everything in the game screams that it took 10 years to achieve this level of perfection in the details.

Around the Network

23 hours of intense gameplay? Sounds like a blast especially when you more stuff still to do.

I figured as much, the same numbers were thrown around with the first guy who leaked the ending. Final Fantasy games often take me around 20-30 hours to complete with exception of a few and the MMOs. They're not long games. They're jam packed with great experiences but it doesn't last as long as I would hope. Still getting the game but 10 years for 20 hours isn't a fair trade...at all.

tivec said:
Only 23 hours to finish main story?
10 years of waiting for 23 hours??!!!!!

23 awesome hours!

bunchanumbers said:
wow. So would you say that it was worth waiting 10 years?                                      

Totally worth it!

Kerotan said:
23 hours of intense gameplay? Sounds like a blast especially when you more stuff still to do.

Mostly the story was intense. The gameplay was great until the end though, I didn't expect it too.

When you think about it it's a lot for an action game lol. I'll have a blast fishing (Only 3 fishs so far), doing the chocobo races (I haven't even tried) and doing the side quests now. I'm expecting it to take about 60-70 hours total, maybe more for the platinum if there are some harder trophies (I hope it doesn't have a lvl 99 or max gils trophy).

I've been playing for 10 hours and im only in chapter 2 lol i like to take my time and explore though.

Radek said:
So completionist will finish the game under 30 hours easily? I can't lie I'm dissapointed.
We expect RPG's to be longer than that, especially after 10 years (even though real development started in 2012 I think?)

I can't help but think how long and full of content Witcher 3 in comparison and it only took 3 and half years to make.
Got easily over 200 hours in this game with 2 expansions and every god damn side quest I could find.

Completionists will take at least 40 hours for the main quest. There are a lot of things to explore and side quests to do, the total should be about 60-70 hours.