By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am surprised by the lack of Nintendo X Lego games.

Tagged games:

There has been a decent amount of Lego games over the years. Most of them being spinoffs and crossovers of other franchises (Star Wars, Marvel, DC, the whole Dimensions thing...). Lego has also been one of the few reliable 3rd party franchises that still releases frequently on both Nintendo hardware, both handhelds and home consoles, and even selling well enough. And then it hit me. Why haven't there been any kind of Lego game based of Nintendo's IPs? The games would sell well, and a Lego Mario game could be as close as we could get in the near future to a Mario Maker 3D (you build the levels with Lego pieces). Or with Zelda, Metroid and others, a parody of those series with the humour of the lego games would be interesting to see. Hell, this could serve to sell both amiibos and Dimensions figurines. If Nintendo wants to work closer with 3rd parties, wouldn't this make a lot of sense?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It's a western developper.

If you really look at it, Nintendo has done some deals with their properties, but only with Japanese developpers. Sega with Mario & Sonic, Koei with Hyrule Warriors.

I blame Iwata for this, I hope Kimishima brings Nintendo back to a closer relationship with western developpers, if the Rabbids & Mario RPG is true, it means it already has happened.

Lego Splatoon is  something I would buy.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Games like Hyrule Warriors, TMS#FE, Pokken

Hopefully this means that Nintendo is letting more third party developers to use their characters to make a game.

Now with Nintendo making smartphone games and themeparks to strengthen the fanbase of their franchise........ Hopefully third party developers can join in and grab a couple $$$ which will benefit boths sides.

The Mario x Rabbids will be a great idea because Super Mario RUn is coming in december. And hopefully it comes to Android before March.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

That's actually a very interesting topic.
A Mario Lego game has potential to be a good game and sell very good. Maybe in the future with Nintendo Switch?

Around the Network

I am surprised that you are surprised.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Why are you surprised that I'm surprised?

Darwinianevolution said:
vivster said:

Surprising question about my surprising surprisement of your surprise.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Surprising question about my surprising surprisement of your surprise.

But my surprise is not surprising. Your surprising surprise is more surprising than my surprise.

I am surprised that Nintendo is launching a console called Nintendo X. I only knew about the Nintendo Switch.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.