By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX rumor: Twice the power of a PS4?

Tagged games:

Nintendo NX rumor: Twice the power of a PS4?

Never gonna happen 223 77.70%

I believe! 64 22.30%

Total:287

I have no idea who this brazilian insider is, but Playeressence and Supermetadave made videos on these new rumours, the link is down below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mphefhzLqg

Itsays the NX has twice the power of a PS4 and the GPU is almost identical than the PS4 Pro. 

I wonder if this is true, could be a earth shaking detail.

Anyways, they say it has indeed a handheld thing and the games get scaled down in the handheld mode.

Cartridges are indeed the media. No detachable controlers, VR possible, and many other things.

Vanquish 2 and a remaster Vanquish 1 would be in development. Remember Vanquish? Very good game.

Release date still march 2017.

Have no idea if this is true or not, but, if true, yeah, it seems like a winner.

So, is this something?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

"GPU is almost identical than the PS4 Pro."

"a handheld thing"

Sounds like nonsense to me

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
"GPU is almost identical than the PS4 Pro."

"a handheld thing"

Sounds like nonsense to me

I have no idea, Playeressence and Supermetaldave seem to think this is a thing. They are youtubers. by the way, I like them, they are calm. I like calm youtubers.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

No wonder you believe in God.

Boutros said:
No wonder you believe in God.

Does Supermetaldave has some kind of bad name or something? I just found the channel like 3 weeks ago. Is he know for hoaxes?

Around the Network

Use deductive reasoning here.

The PS4 Pro was packaged in a larger enclosure with a higher wattage PSU to accommodate the increased thermals that accompany the increased processing power and power consumption.

Sony engineers have a proven track record of being able to miniaturize and streamline existing hardware designs and hardware refreshes; clearly they are very competent at this.

Suggesting that the NX, a portable system, can use the comparable hardware in a battery powered portable package is the equivalent of saying Nintendo engineers are magicians compared to Sony's.

Best industry estimates have the NX pegged at a base model $299 MSRP SKU and a premium bundle $399 MSRP SKU. So this suggests that Nintendo can sell comparable PS4 Pro hardware in a portable package with a high res display and battery for $100 less than the PS4 Pro, incidentally at a profit, as Nintendo does not take losses on their hardware as a part of their business model. So Nintendo's bean counters and OEM contract buyers are magicians as well.

Come on now.

greenmedic88 said:

The PS4 Pro was packaged in a larger enclosure with a higher wattage PSU to accommodate the increased thermals that accompany the increased processing power and power consumption.

Sony engineers have a proven track record of being able to miniaturize and streamline existing hardware designs and hardware refreshes; clearly they are very competent at this.

Suggesting that the NX, a portable system, can use the comparable hardware in a battery powered portable package is the equivalent of saying Nintendo engineers are magicians compared to Sony's.

Best industry estimates have the NX pegged at a base model $299 MSRP SKU and a premium bundle $399 MSRP SKU. So this suggests that Nintendo can sell comparable PS4 Pro hardware in a portable package with a high res display and battery for $100 less than the PS4 Pro, incidentally at a profit, as Nintendo does not take losses on their hardware as a part of their business model. So Nintendo's bean counters and OEM contract buyers are magicians as well.

Come on now.

I guess you are right.

Maybe the handheld part is just some sort of app or mini game and the real power is in the dock station. I do not know. I just posted the videos because all other NX youtubers act like insane maniacs and these two are very calm.

Ka-pi96 said:
greenmedic88 said:

Come on now.

That`s not true, they did it with Wii U for years. And actually, contrary to popular belief, they still haven`t announced that they now make a profit on each Wii U sold either.

It is true. It's always been true.

"Nintendo sells Wii U basic version for $299 and more advanced deluxe flavor at $349. The bill-of-materials of Nintendo Wii U is not precisely known, however, the company itself claims that it starts to make money on Wii U once it sells one game title for $50 - $60. Therefore it is highly likely that the manufacturing cost of Wii U is very close to break-even point."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20130620232009_Nintendo_It_Is_Not_Easy_to_Cut_Price_of_Wii_U.html

Nintendo has alluded to idea themselves that the NX will not be in the tech race, then all of a sudden its 2 PS4's?.

Get over it, move on. Nintendo is not in it to out powering SONY/MS and they're smarter for it. Power war has held "gaming" down.

Xxain said:
Nintendo has alluded to idea themselves that the NX will not be in the tech race, then all of a sudden its 2 PS4's?.

Get over it, move on. Nintendo is not in it to out powering SONY/MS and they're smarter for it. Power war has held "gaming" down.

Yes, they said that a little while ago. Maybe it is just a rumour then.