By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 4 Fans and Persona 4 Playthroughs

Tagged games:

I think I'm finally going to start Persona 4 Golden via PSTV.  I read one of the cool things about P4G is that there is no way you can max out all Social Links in one playthrough because your actions do make a difference.  Has anyone here maxed out all Social Links, and how long and how many playthroughs did it take you?

Around the Network

I maxed all the social links in one playthrough (I used a guide, though).

I don't think you can max out all social links without either multiple playthroughs or some sort of expert guide.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

finalrpgfantasy said:

Wait, now would this be Persona 4 or Persona 4 Golden?  And I maxed out all social links on P3.  Are you sure about this?

LivingMetal said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

Wait, now would this be Persona 4 or Persona 4 Golden?  And I maxed out all social links on P3.  Are you sure about this?

Persona 4 Golden.  This is the guide I used:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/65282

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

You can definitely max them. There is also a trophy for doing that, so yeah...

I honestly don't think it's worth using a guide, though. It takes away most of the fun (imho)

Persona with a guide is not fun, and even as a persona fan I am tired of the time struggling. I love to complete and going for a 100% completion but will take a while for me to start Persona V.

You can max out all social links, do all side quests, get all super-ultimate personas for your party members, and max out all social stats and still have about ten days to spare at the end of the game if you have a guide and you know what you're doing. I have done it multiple times.

The key elements are as follows:
1. Do the dungeons in one day and generally do them as early as possible (so that more social links will show up). Once you have leveled up sufficiently, you can do the all the side quests and the entire dungeon in a single day. P4: Golden is EXTREMELY generous with EXP if you know what you're doing (i.e. kill those golden hands). On normal difficulty (exp is reduced on harder difficulties), I got to level 99 by the sixth dungeon with minimal grinding.

2. Your actions that you make towards your team members have consequences -- whether it is increased social stats or increased social link ranks. Use these to your advantage.

3. The game features some RNG when it comes to certain things that increase social stats or social link stats (such as going to the shrine and getting a fortune). This isn't at all necessary because you will still have time at the end of the game even with bad luck, but I like to save scum so that I get the best outcome.

You can max out every social link on your 1st playthrough but you are gonna need a guide, I wouldn't recommend it though but if that's what you want go for it.

I think what I might have to do is play though the game once, keeping in mind a bunch of gaming tips then play though it again with a walkthru.