By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Meltdown Over No 4K Blu Ray Player In The PS4 Pro

Tagged games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Switch the words from "game" to games and "practice" to movies and there you go. Pretty much how I see it.

"We aint talking about the game , we're talking about practice man"

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Funny that most gamers say that 4k doesnt interest them yet they cry cause no 4k player

Well some people want the feature, if Sony had the feature everybody would be praising them, but is not part of the console so people can say "hey sony wtf? you're supposed to be a bluray mogul so what happened?" I don't care about the feature but the criticism is valid.

manny10032 said:
Funny that most gamers say that 4k doesnt interest them yet they cry cause no 4k player

I never said 4K didn't interest me. 4k GAMES interest me. Not movies. 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I honestly don't care whether the console plays them or not. I understand why some people may see this as a deal breaker, but for me its a complete non-issue. As long as it plays the games I want, its good.

Around the Network
manny10032 said:

Where are you getting your stats from?

'Meltdowns' LOL.

It's like being a teenager all over again.

The PS5 Exists. 

I doubt its going to affect the sales in the long run but it is still a stupid decision imo. The x1 slim can play 4k Blurays while the Sony's (who helped develop the Bluray standard) system can't?

I wouldn't call it a meltdown though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This is just such a pitiful excuse to complain.

I really don't care much about it, since I can't even remember the last time I got a physical Blu ray movie.
But...as I said before, when you think about a Pro/Premium product or service you get some expectations, specially when you have a Non Premium console (One S) out there with that.