By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX - Are 6 Months Enough Time To Advertise?

Tagged games:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEWLqCzTtM

Personally after the Wii U debacle I don't think it's enough time but they might prove me wrong. We'll see.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Plenty of time. It isn't always the length, it's the quality.

It should be.... but I think they need atleast 4.
If by november they havnt done a full reveal, Id be worried about its launch date being met.

Honestly I hope they reveal it before then. The more time you have, the better I think. They need time to clearly explain this hybrid system and communicate it to the masses, because its something new. If they dont it could cost them.

Its a harder concept to explain than just a normal new console gen upgrade. They need time to get it across.

Anything less than a full 4 months, and they re effectivly shooting themselves in the foot.

alternine said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEWLqCzTtM

Personally after the Wii U debacle I don't thunk it's enough time but they might prove me wrong. We'll see.

Wii u was advertised for 15 months and a lot of people were bashing the console for 15 months too, so time is not important here, the important thing is the execution. ps4 and xbox one were heavily advertised after e3, that's 6 months. If the NX is advertised the right way with the right games, it's enough. My opinion of course, I don't have a marketing degree.

I actually find myself agreeing with alot of what this Shokio guy is saying in the video.
"the more time the better" Seems to be his message here, and yeah, with a new concept like a hybrid console that to me sounds like a good idea.

Around the Network

Yes.

WiiU success/failure wasn't the time allowed to advertise it was a failure of how it was advertised.

More than enough.

Remember how amoung the more common people, people didnt understand that the Wii U was a new console, and not some peripheral for the Wii?

I think nintendo needs a clear message, and to keep repeating it, explaining this hybrid console.
And the longer they have to do so before launch the better.

JRPGfan said:
Remember how amoung the more common people, people didnt understand that the Wii U was a new console, and not some peripheral for the Wii?

I think nintendo needs a clear message, and to keep repeating it, explaining this hybrid console.
And the longer they have to do so before launch the better.

Yeah you're completely right. They need to get the right message to the masses that it's a hybrid console.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

If there is a full marketing plan ready, then it should be fine. If they need to tune the "Message", then we might be looking at a Wii U whatever marketing.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.