By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rio Olympics 2016: The world at war against the Lord Jesus Christ.

Tagged games:

Is Jesus Christ the Lord?

Yes. 58 40.00%

No. 78 53.79%

Maybe. 9 6.21%

Total:145

So Brazil just won the soccer medal in the Rio Olympics, the Gold one, pretty cool.

But it seems the world is at war against the Lord Jesus Christ and no one warned Neymar Jr. The Olympic Comitee wants to take measures against the player because he had a bandana with the expression 100% JESUS in his head.

As a christian, I thought the gesture was awesome, specially because it takes a lot of guts displaying faith in the Lord Jesus Christ these days.

I just dropped college because I made like 30 enemies in my classroom for defending my faith in a "debate" about how "god does not exist" my stupid teacher proposed.

So, any opinions on the subject?

Edit: Funny fact, a lot of athletes made the Eye of Horus sign, and they claim that the Olympic Comitee asked them to do it. So, what is the problem in having a Jesus bandana?

By the way, here is the full report, you guys can translate with Google if you want:

http://veja.abril.com.br/esporte/coi-enviara-carta-de-reclamacao-apos-faixa-religiosa-de-neymar/

Edit: With more than 100 replies I got to say that I am really happy with all the Vgchartz buddies, everyone commented with respect, fun and funny thoughts and interesting point of views. Even when the obligatory homossexuality subject appeared everyone stayed very classy, which is very cool. Thanks everybody!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Umm... what are you trying to accomplish here?

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:
Umm... what are you trying to accomplish here?

I want your opinion on the Neymar Jr. 100% Jesus debate =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

If u deny jesus then he will deny you infront of his father

craighopkins said:
If u deny jesus then he will deny you infront of his father

Agree. And if someone had a bandana saying 100% Alah, or Buddah or whatever, I surely would not care. So, WHY Jesus Christ is now forbidden?

Around the Network

Uhh i personally don't believe in this Jesus and Bible stuff but he should be allowed to wear the bandana.

Secular extremism is growing just as wildly as religious extremism. There should be no reason why anyone cannot declare and or celebrate their faith or lack their off if it isn't harming anyone else.

If it's offensive to wear a band that says 100% Jesus, than the law should be just and if I'm offended because someone wore a PC Master Race band, Apple Band, that those should be banned to. Plato knew what he was talking about.

jason1637 said:
Uhh i personally don't believe in this Jesus and Bible stuff but he should be allowed to wear the bandana.

Amazing stand on this issue man, I applaud you. I would also not care if a athlete made the satanic gesture or whatever, so WHY they had to forbid the religious bandana? Reports say the athletes where also forbid of thanking God in their celebrations. ridiculous.

WagnerPaiva said:

Edit: Funny fact, a lot of athletes made the Eye of Horus sign, and they claim that the Olympic Comitee asked them to do it. 

Err what? Any evidence?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

That's shitty. I guess the big bosses at the olympic have their own agenda and Christianity is not part of it.

ironic...