By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US air strike in Syria kills up to 85 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

Tagged games:

Truly sad.

May Allah have mercy on the dead and give victory to the oppressed.

This is something that will either be:

a) Fobbed off as "Collateral damage" or
b) Justified by the recent Nice attack

There will be a small minority who will call this cowardly act what it is.

People sometimes wonder what causes extremism. If anything makes me want to travel overseas and pick up a gun it is seeing my brothers and sisters being mercilessly slaughtered from every angle!!!

Around the Network

Our relations are too sunny, they hasten the coming nightfall.

Things like this is what contributes to groups like ISIS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

It's tragic, of course, but sadly this kind of thing can happen in warfare and the like when you have to make a snap call in a brief window based on limited intel. Especially with drones. You get it right and everybody applauds the win. You get it wrong.....you're a monster. But if you don't make that call and maybe missed out on hitting a prime target (or targets) that will later commit other horrible monstrosities....well then that's no good either.

Don't envy the people making those calls that's for sure

Welp, America is next. I hope this doesn't form into another war.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
nil8r153 said:
Truly sad.

May Allah have mercy on the dead and give victory to the oppressed.

This is something that will either be:

a) Fobbed off as "Collateral damage" or
b) Justified by the recent Nice attack

There will be a small minority who will call this cowardly act what it is.

People sometimes wonder what causes extremism. If anything makes me want to travel overseas and pick up a gun it is seeing my brothers and sisters being mercilessly slaughtered from every angle!!!

But it is collateral damage. Something that groups like ISIS, the taliban, and Al Queda cannot be associated. with. It is alwaya their mission to hurt everyone. Blame the US all you want, but we did not make a group crash three planes onto American soil, or torture female sex slaves or cut peoples heads off, or cowardly ied all of Iraq or cowardly force woman and children to be human bombs.

Your comment assumes that US action in the ME is natural reaction to the events you listed. It is not. These planes were 15 years ago now, supposedly the Iraq war was retaliation for that - look what that spawned!!

These families will not be compensated in this life. They will raise whatever children they have left, these children will remember what happened to their brethren and the legacy of ISIS will live on (note: I certainly do not support ISIS, they are a deviant sect. "Khawarij" - google it)

Hiding in a cave? Heck, I would too if the Western world was looking to drop bombs on my tent -_-

Brilliant. Keep fucking up like this and you might as well call yourselves official IS supporters.

hershel_layton said:
Things like this is what contributes to groups like ISIS

Yeah pretty much this sort of "mistake" is going to be used as a PR tool by tools to paint the US as a villain when something like this happens, of course even reading the linked article and you'll see that

"Many Isil fighters are still holed up in the city, and are preventing thousands of civilians from leaving, effectively using them as human shields. "

So yeah... Sure the US did kill civilians, but they're civilians who are being held there by terrorists and used as human shields, to put all the blame of this on the US forces is really just weak minded. If you have terrorists who hold these children hostages to use them as shields... how do you try to paint them as the good guys here doing the right things?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

how do you try to paint them as the good guys here doing the right things?

I'm pretty sure no one outside of Iraq, and most people in it, see ISIS as good guys.

Pretty sure only ISIS sees ISIS as the good guy

This sounds a lot like "aww we have to bomb them but they're making it hard by mingling with civilians, we can't be blamed if we accidentally kill innocents" - Yes, you can and should be blamed. 

If the US really wanted to wipe ISIS off the map they could do so in one feel swoop. They will not. ISIS is the US' ticket to legitimise their mingling in the ME and to making the next puppet leader seem "democratically elected".

nil8r153 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

how do you try to paint them as the good guys here doing the right things?

I'm pretty sure no one outside of Iraq, and most people in it, see ISIS as good guys.

Pretty sure only ISIS sees ISIS as the good guy

This sounds a lot like "aww we have to bomb them but they're making it hard by mingling with civilians, we can't be blamed if we accidentally kill innocents" - Yes, you can and should be blamed. 

If the US really wanted to wipe ISIS off the map they could do so in one feel swoop. They will not. ISIS is the US' ticket to legitimise their mingling in the ME and to making the next puppet leader seem "democratically elected".

"Many Isil fighters are still holed up in the city, and are preventing thousands of civilians from leaving, effectively using them as human shields. "

Quote this part, this part is not about them mingling with civilians, this part is about using children as human shields.

But you think that the US can somehow wipe all of ISIS away instantly but don't because there is a big conspiracy that they are working alongside them right? In this magic wipe away move, do you think it would be possible without a single civilian death? I mean do you think they could pinpoint every single member of ISIS and have them fall over dead without a single civilian death? because otherwise the bolded statement would still be quoted by people like yourself.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive