By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider GOTY Edition Coming Oct 11th

Tagged games:

Includes all DLC, plus new modes. PS4 gets an optional VR mode on one of the missions.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/07/lara_crofts_tomb_raider_rises_on_ps4_with_new_story_modes_and_playstation_vr

Coming to PC and Xbone as well.

Think this is enough to offset any bitter feelings some fans might have? Seems like a swell package to me.

I am most interested in those survival modes. Sounds like it could be awesome.

Around the Network

By the way, if you're still set on not paying full price, there's bound to be holiday sales on the title just after release :)

Apparently the Endurance mode is on Xbone already, it will just have coop added now? Anyone try it? Wonder if it's any good.

Great news!!! Looking forward to this one!!!

Dr.Vita said:

Great news!!!

I figured they would sweeten the pot for this release but this is a really nice package. Better than I expected.

Around the Network

I'm getting VR, but I am going to probably hold off buying this until it hits an inevitable sale or if I find if the content they are putting is value for money compared to the XBO. Don't want to reward companies for holding a game out from a platform.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

They haven't revealed the price but it's bound to still be cheaper to buy it on Xbone and upgrade, just a matter of how important that VR mission is to you. Either way it looks like an awesome package.

LudicrousSpeed said:
They haven't revealed the price but it's bound to still be cheaper to buy it on Xbone and upgrade, just a matter of how important that VR mission is to you. Either way it looks like an awesome package.

There was some suggestion yesterday that it was full priced. If that's the case, I'll definately wait, especially with the fact that all other platforms are getting the same content in some additional method. So PS4 owners getting screwed in terms of value proposition by the sounds of things.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

LudicrousSpeed said:

Includes all DLC, plus new modes. PS4 gets an optional VR mode on one of the missions.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/07/lara_crofts_tomb_raider_rises_on_ps4_with_new_story_modes_and_playstation_vr

Coming to PC and Xbone as well.

Think this is enough to offset any bitter feelings some fans might have? Seems like a swell package to me.

I am most interested in those survival modes. Sounds like it could be awesome.

I would think some people might well buy this game on the PS4 just to spite X1/PC owners who had the game previously, as in just see it as an oppertunity to one-up their "rivals" by getting to play the game on their system of choice.

That said though it does look like a good amount of content went into this game and just hopefully there isn't another huge title or 2 dropping on its launch on the other platforms, considering that it launched on the X360/X1 the same week as Fallout 4.

Also that's the end of the rumours of the PS4 version being shelved which was going around a month ago.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

£18 pre-owned on X1 and £27 brand new.

I ain't paying a penny over £20 for it. I don't care about the co-op, endurance mode or the VR thing.