By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Of Us sequel

Tagged games:

So now we know that Naughty dog are confirmed to be developing The Last of Us 2 after they've finished the DLC for Uncharted4 are you excited to see what happens.

What do you expect of ND to do, and what would you personally like them to do.

They could obviously forget about Ellie and Joel's story and let that be what it was therefore choose to go to a different part of North America or world and tell the story of a complete set of new cast of characters, however I find this unlikely.

The other route they could do is the obvious one, Ellie becomes the main protagonist. she's been through some shit and come out the other side so has learned to handle herself, she's also been lied to by her only friend alive now, Joel, so there's a good story they could do there. The disease is still at large and she is still the cure, this is the route I'd personally like them to do. I really liked Joel and Ellie as characters and id like to see a slightly older Ellie search for a way to help bring a end to the cordyceps virus/disease.

Another route they could choose is to play as  a character connected to Ellie or Joel but in a different time frame, remember the last of us we played the cordyceps has been rampant for 20years and there's plenty what has happened since then, like the rise of the fireflies and the mysteries behind Ellies mother. So they could always choose to do this. However I do think Ellies mothers story is going to be covered in a comic by Dark Horse (the uncharted4 epilogue hint)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Is it confirmed? That's too bad. I think The Last of Us does well as a standalone product.

they are confirmed to be working on a sequel? link?

I would like them to explore a possible future of a immune tribe from Ellie's descendants vs. a race of cordyceps that has become conscious.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yeah while the confirmation isn't Official, if you read between the lines it's clear Naughty Dog are going to be doing it. Neil drukman even says he had a team working on it but they had to stop to go full focus on uncharted4 DLC. Plus Nolan North has said in an interview that ND are working on it. ND neither confirmed or denied it.http://www.hofmag.com/naughty-dog-last-us-2-development-uncharted-4-dlc/148555

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

If Ellie is not in it, RIOT !!!!! Otherwise they can do what they want.

-bigger world
- more survival elements
- better enemy AI
- more NPCs in game
- Joel + Ellie

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Is it confirmed? That's too bad. I think The Last of Us does well as a standalone product.

This is about the same as I feel. Also, when was this confirmed?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

There's no doubt there will be a sequel. TLOU did really well. Ellie should be the main protagonist in the sequel in my opinion with Joel being in the beginning of the game.

If there must be a sequel, I'd prefer it focus on a different set of protagonists in a different part of the country or world.

I think Joel and Ellie should be retired. Their futures are better left to our imaginations.