By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising is a Timed Exclusive Coming to PS4?

Tagged games:

Will Dead Rising 4 Come to PS4

Yes 21 75.00%

No, this is a Steam/W10 Battle 5 17.86%

See Results 2 7.14%

Total:28

Well there were hints of it but now it seems that it has been confirmed that Dead Rising 4 is a timed exclusive to microsoft platforms. A Capcom Vancouver representative had this to say when asked about it:

Capcom Vancouver is developing, MS is pubilishing. 1 year exclusive with MS. Slightly different deal than DR3.

Dead Rising 4 was the only game during Microsoft’s E3 Press Event that wasn’t labeled as “Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive” which led to people wondering whether it could come to PS4. Now it seems like it really is like Rise of the Tomb Raider and could come to PS4 a year later. What do you think of this news? Tell us in the comments below.

There are some hits saying that it may be exclusive to Windows 10 Store and then to Steam after a year but that would be horrible if true.  Imagine a new exclusive war between Steam and W10 Store...

Around the Network

interesting but kinda excepted

A 1 year exclusive might as well be a full exclusive.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

fingers crossed for it coming to PS4 since i just sold my Xbox 1

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Bandorr said:
Normally I'd argue that just means it is coming to steam.

The "slightly different deal than DR3" makes me think it could come to PS4.

Coming to steam a year after would be the exact same deal as DR3.

Well the slightly different part could mean its coming to the PC at the same time unlike DR3.

Around the Network
vivster said:

I...disagree if I'm a gamer who's interested in RotTR but only has a PS4, I'll be able to get that game if I just wait. I won't ever get to own Halo 5.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
vivster said:

I...disagree if I'm a gamer who's interested in RotTR but only has a PS4, I'll be able to get that game if I just wait. I won't ever get to own Halo 5.

People who only have a single gaming option are screwed either way. Generally we're living in a time where there are too many games to play. A lot of people will not bother to get a full priced year old game. I think we will see that in the PS4 sales.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Normchacho said:

People who only have a single gaming option are screwed either way. Generally we're living in a time where there are too many games to play. A lot of people will not bother to get a full priced year old game. I think we will see that in the PS4 sales.

You bring up an interesting point... speaking of Tomb Raider, the price on Amazon still says $59.99 so if it doesn't sell well, it will be the fault of the person who thought it was a good idea to charge $60 for a gme that was only $9 on the Windows store just a few months ago.  Obviously that doesn't sit well with anyone.  Of course no one really expects Tomb Raider to sell for full price when it launches.  Same goes for DR4.

Side note,  this deal is already different because you can get it day one on PC if you want.  Tomb Raider had the exclusive Xbox One launch. 

CosmicSex said:
vivster said:

You bring up an interesting point... speaking of Tomb Raider, the price on Amazon still says $59.99 so if it doesn't sell well, it will be the fault of the person who thought it was a good idea to charge $60 for a gme that was only $9 on the Windows store just a few months ago.  Obviously that doesn't sit well with anyone.  Of course no one really expects Tomb Raider to sell for full price when it launches.  Same goes for DR4.

Side note,  this deal is already different because you can get it day one on PC if you want.  Tomb Raider had the exclusive Xbox One launch. 

PC and PS4 owners truly are blessed. They get all the exclusives :)

so similar to the ROTR deal then

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick