By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: Spike Chunsoft teasing the original 9 9 9 coming to PC.

Tagged games:

http://operationrainfall.com/2016/06/10/999-steam-release/

Spike Chunsoft has posted an interesting teaser video of a ship sailing in the fog.

For fans of past Spike Chunsoft titles, they were quick to guess that this is the setting for no other than the visual novel 999. And it so happens to be the opening to the Nintendo DS version of the game. Although, the version posted seems to be a higher resolution.

Additionally, 999 director Kotaro Uchikoshi quoted the post with his own tease, writing, “It looks like a STEAMship.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I really like this trend of niche japanese titles coming to Steam. It looks like I will be able to get this game after all. If they do a 3DS/Vita remaster, I'll pick it up for 3DS.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Oh nice. 999 is an excellent title. The more the merrier!

Please. I need the whole series on PC thanks.

About freaking time.With Zero Time Dillema launching end June on Steam, they should have released 999 (and they will eventually VLR) much sooner to get more people on board for the third game.But better late than never.

As for people that dont know this game or franchise, I highly recommend to play 999 and the other games in order.Not only they are excellent games, but theytell the best stories of the entire gaming history.Heck, they are probably better than even books!

Actually, let me rephrase this:If you dont play this game, you wont know the true joy of life and wont be able to fully apreciate life.So go play this game!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BasilZero said:
Yesssss!

Wasnt there another game too?

I hope that comes too :D

I guess they will take the danganronpa aproach and launch it around 1 month later.I know its stupid since the third game is launching in the end of the month, but better late than never.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Yesssss!

Wasnt there another game too?

I hope that comes too :D

The Zero Time Dilema is a trilogy. The third is coming confirmed for PC and the first one is rumoured. No idea of the second. I just want the trilogy on my 3DS.

BasilZero said:

PC for me! This is a visual novel right? Its a genre I plan to get into more in the future.

Yes!If you want to know more or less the percentage of what the game is made of:

85% - 90% is text.You will be reading lots and lots of text.But dont worry, not only becasue the story is beyond excellent, but the storytelling and pacing is superb.

The remaining 10% - 15% is puzzle.More specifically, escape the room segments.These puzzles are not mind blowing, but they are quite good and enjoyable, and they fit with the story.By that I mean its not something that comes out of the blue and the game just stops for some mandatory "gameplay", but it fits into the game narrative and overall storytelling.Its good, trust me.

BasilZero said:
Nautilus said:

I guess they will take the danganronpa aproach and launch it around 1 month later.I know its stupid since the third game is launching in the end of the month, but better late than never.

Thats better than not releasing it at all!

I'll likely get the entire trilogy on PC.

Darwinianevolution said:

The Zero Time Dilema is a trilogy. The third is coming confirmed for PC and the first one is rumoured. No idea of the second. I just want the trilogy on my 3DS.

PC for me! This is a visual novel right? Its a genre I plan to get into more in the future.

It is. I want to get into the series too, but every time I tried to buy the original 9 9 9, it ended in failure (tried to buy it twice in Amazon, and bothtimes stock sold or error) and the game was not released in Europe at all. Hoping for a 3DS remaster, or a complete trilogy pack for handhelds.

Darwinianevolution said:
BasilZero said:

Thats better than not releasing it at all!

I'll likely get the entire trilogy on PC.

It is. I want to get into the series too, but every time I tried to buy the original 9 9 9, it ended in failure (tried to buy it twice in Amazon, and bothtimes stock sold or error) and the game was not released in Europe at all. Hoping for a 3DS remaster, or a complete trilogy pack for handhelds.

I dont mean to sound pessimist, but I think thats hard to happen.If you dont plan to buy on Steam, and you cant find an original DS copy, I recommend you just emulate it.I know its wrong and all, but this way you get to experience the first one, and then you can go on and buy the remaining titles on 3DS without the fear of passing no game!

How could anyone port 999 to something that isn't DS, considering its subversive narrative needs to take place in a dual screen?