By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy is back baby

Tagged games:

Sqaure Enix is serious about bringing Final Fantasy back to revelance. What better time than now to be a Final Fantasy fan? After years of disappiontment I'm going to be hasty and say it's all come to an end.

We have:

Final Fantasy XV arriving in September 2016.

World of Final Fantasy arriving in October 2016.

Final Fantasy XII HD remaster arriving 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake release date tba.

Final Fantasy Dissidia PS4 (No officical announcement but have said 1-2 years after arcade release)

Final Fantasy Movie Kingsglaive (July 2016)

And Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (2016) If you like mobile games.

Who else is excited about whats to come? :)

Around the Network

Damn, forgot about Dissidia.

Great time to be a FF and JRPG fan

Lets wait those games to release to know if they trully got the quality back.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:

Never, I enjoy being hyped. Even if the game fails, there will always be other games that will take its place and delivery on the hype.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

This just reminds me how much I need to catch up with this series. I have to buckle down and really start chipping away.

At the very least I want to be able to comment with some credibility on threads like this one

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Nautilus said:

Never, I enjoy being hyped. Even if the game fails, there will always be other games that will take its place and delivery on the hype.

Well I'm hopeful at least one of them will be good xD dissidia I know will be great, can't really go wrong with it.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
This just reminds me how much I need to catch up with this series. I have to buckle down and really start chipping away.

At the very least I want to be able to comment with some credibility on threads like this one

Doooooo it!! which titile will you be looking at first? 

Kingdom Hearts 3 releases in 2016 IIRC (edit : apparently no release window announced), does that count as a spin-off ?
It's a great time to be a FF time.

What I'm looking forward to or hoping for:

Final Fantasy XV: Please dear lord let this be good, this is the deal maker or breaker for me after personally having no interest in a title since their XI MMO

Final Fantasy IX Remastered: I'm sure, given my avatar, this is a shocking revelation. Preferably just a remastered version with cleaned up dialogue as opposed to some weird four part thing like they're doing for FF7

Final Fantasy Tactics sequel: Never met a person who played them that didn't love them lol, give us another!

think-man said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Doooooo it!! which titile will you be looking at first? 

Tactics is up next! I was lucky enough to find a gently used copy at a local store.

Then 8, 9, and so on. And I still need to go back and play 2 and 5 - I have those on those PS1 collection discs. And I have FF3 for DS, so I need to tackle that.

It's kind of overwhelming 0_0