By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Choose three franchises from each of the big three

Tagged games:

OK, boys and girls, I have a mission for you. 

Forget about your favorite brand and system for a moment. Imagine your own video game system. It can only support nine franchises: three from Nintendo, three from Sony, and three from Microsoft. These are all first-party franchises.

Here's the catch: each franchise comes with its current first-party developer. So if you want Xenoblade, you have to take Monolith Soft. If you want Uncharted, you have to take Naughty Dog. If you want Gears of War, you have to take The Coalition.

Which nine do you pick, and why?

Edit: sorry about any confusion: I'm looking for first-party IPs and the first-party developers who make them. So From Software is not eligible for Bloodborne, for example.

Around the Network

Sony:
Last of Us (Naughty Dog) (people like story driven games)
Horizon Zero Dawn (Gurillia Games) (for the sci-fi guys,robot dinos, nuff said)
God of War (SCE Santa Monica Studio) (for people that just wanna smash things)

Nintendo:
Paper Mario (Intelligent Systems) (id make sure a new TTYD was made)
Splatoon (Nintendo EAD) (splatoon 2, eport focus, voice chat, better graphic ect)
Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems) (solid rpgs)

Microsoft:
BattleTech  (not sure which studio Id pick) (id make a sick rpg outta this ip) or board/chess type esport thing.
Fable (Lionhead Studios) (id make sure a 4th was made)
Killer Instinct (Double helix & rare games) (good as is)

^ Id rule the console wars, with my new uber console :)

The "Winstation" 1.0,  would own the Playstation & Xbox & Nintendo.

Sony: Ratchet & Clank (with Insomniac), Infamous (with Sucker Punch. Actually this is primarily to get SP, not Infamous ), Horizon (Guerilla)

Nintendo: Zelda (with Zelda team), (3D) Mario (with whatever team that is these days...), Metroid (Retro?)

Microsoft: Halo (343i), Gears (The Coalition), Forza (Turn 10)

Wow, from MS I took the trinity of Gears, Halo & Forza. Teehee.

That catch, ugh... Makes me think twice, but here it goes...

Presenting, the Cloudstation, featuring your favorite franchises:

Super Mario, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Wild Arms, Ape Escape, Uncharted, Banjo Kazooie, Halo, and Killer Instinct.

Only 350.99! Pre-order one today!

Coming soon....! Never

I went with a mix of games, genres, and styles I enjoy: platformers, adventure games, RPGs, collectables, shooter, and fighter.

...Well, also gotta have some big titles, like Halo and Uncharted, and KI is a sweet fighter on the MS side.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

Super Mario, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Wild Arms, Ape Escape, Uncharted, Banjo Kazooie, Halo, and Killer Instinct.

Coming soon....! Never

I went with a mix of games, genres, and styles I enjoy: platformers, adventure games, RPGs, collectables, shooter, and fighter.

...Well, also gotta have some big titles, like Halo and Uncharted, and KI is a sweet fighter on the MS side.

Yeah, the catch is a bitch. It makes it a lot more difficult.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cloudman said:

Coming soon....! Never

I almost considered taking Halo out, mostly because I hear it's not like the series it used to be, after bungee left... But, Halo! You can't not have that...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I almost considered taking Halo out, mostly because I hear it's not like the series it used to be, after bungee left... But, Halo! You can't not have that...

Yeah, that's why I'm removing Halo from my list :(

Which reminds me! I need to answer my own question!

Does it have to be first party of just a series that was exculsively on the platform? Will affect my choices quite a bit.

Wait, what? Nintendo is like their ONLY exclusive developer. How are we supposed to choose game franchises for them? OK, well I'll try. Nintendo: Bayonetta, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. All three are amazing exclusives from a different genre, third person action-shooter, arcade racer, and online multiplayer focused TPS with a twist. From

Microsoft: Gears of War, Halo, and Titanfall (Wow, I just realized that Microsoft is the only of the big three without a mascot. Nintendo has Mario/Link/Samus/Kirby, Sony has Jak/Daxter/Spyro/Ratchet/Clank, Microsoft has...Marcus Fenix? What?!) I enjoy each of these shooters for different reasons, and could play each for hours on end because of the differences in gameplay and the style in which they are presented.

From Sony I would take: The Last of Us (Naughty Dog is also Uncharted, so I had to pick which one I think I enjoy more), Kingdom Hearts, and MLB: The Show. Seriously, the only baseball game that is worth buying, an amazing survival game, and some RPG awesomeness? Good variety there. So that's it, I'm sure many will choose similarly!

EDIT: I just realized that NEAD did both Mario Kart and Splatoon, so I will change Mario Kart to Metroid.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, that's why I'm removing Halo from my list :(

Which reminds me! I need to answer my own question!

Dang, I couldn't do it. Anyways, I look forward to seeing your answer, haha.

Dance my pretties!