By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Final Fantasy Disease" Infected Square Enix, Says FFXV's Director

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Final Fantasy IV 7 3.03%

Final Fantasy V 2 0.87%

Final Fantasy VI 33 14.29%

Final Fantasy VII 61 26.41%

Final Fantasy VIII 27 11.69%

Final Fantasy IX 35 15.15%

Final Fantasy X 31 13.42%

Final Fantasy XII 17 7.36%

Final Fantasy XIII 10 4.33%

Other 8 3.46%

Total:231

As long as its better than 13 im sure everyone will be happy.

Around the Network

I think the real problem was that it got stuck in a rut starting from FF13. It just kinda sank to an all time low where it people started to lose faith in FF mostly because they couldn't make a good FF game, along with cheapening the brand with a few bad games. All the Bravest anyone?

That's how I see it at least. FFXV will be good because it's going to be good again, and not because of this weird 'FF disease' thing.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Modernize as in having obscene budgets and sales expectations eh? All it has to do is be a good game, as many other FF have been before it.

"modernise". I don't see whats modernised about holding the button to attack, but ok. Maybe he shouldn't make assumptions before he sees the result.

Going back to the roots and modernising them is exactly what they should've done. Not trying to copy western games.

Can't they look at why Persona became so popular?

Nem said:

"modernise". I don't see whats modernised about holding the button to attack, but ok. Maybe he shouldn't make assumptions before he sees the result.

Going back to the roots and modernising them is exactly what they should've done. Not trying to copy western games.

Yup because that's all you do is hold one button.

Around the Network
Harkins1721 said:
Nem said:

Yup because that's all you do is hold one button.

Pretty much. If you want to be difficult then yeah... you got 2 dodge buttons and a change weapon button. Alas 90% of the time is spent holding the button down, so i don't know what youre getting touchy about. The truth is the truth.

As long as they're making DQ they can ruin FF as much as they want. The only thing we can hope is that they do not expand on FFXV and go straight to FFXVI to actually make a good game again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nem said:

Persona's popularity and results would be an utter disgrace and failure. I love the series very much, but that's not the mark they're going for.

But I think you're taking one aspect of the game you dislike and ignoring all of the things that they're doing for the first type. I don't feel like they're copying western games, but they're taking aspects of the modern (as this a fantasy in modern times) and of the storied past into one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Why aren't you bringing the FF 1 special edition to the West, SE? You released it for the 3DS as a bonus for FF Explorers, and the game is decades old, so a translation already exists.

On the topic at hand, you can make any fantasy JRPG fit under the Final Fantasy label, the franchise is incredibly flexible. With that in mind, I'm not surprised everyone in SE thinks their vision of FF is the valid one.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

think-man said:
As long as its better than 13 im sure everyone will be happy.

I had more fun playing the FF15 demo than the the actual FF13 game but thats just me