By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun and Moon new information predictions thread

Tagged games:

So in less than a day now, there's going to be new information on Sun and Moon coming out.

Junichi Masuda has been hyping the announcement for days now on his blog ( http://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/archives/3355017.html ), and telling people to subscribe to the Pokemon Youtube channel so I'm getting the feeling this is going to be big.

In this thread, make a few predictions as to what you think will be revealed tomorrow. If one of your predictions comes true, you get an internet cookie. If two or more come true... you get two.

English Trailer: Shows off the starters, characters and region

Japanese trailer: confirms customisation is back!

Predictions-

- Sun and Moon will have two regions in game; the second being Kanto. I hope they include Johto as well, but.. I don't think three in one game would work.

- More new Pokemon than X & Y, less than Ruby and Sapphire (~90-ish)

- New region is based off of Hawaii.

- BW-esque version differences return (layout of some cities/areas different based on version, maybe character differences too)

What are you all predicting/hoping for?

Around the Network

-New Region is based off Italy (near France, we already know that one of the leggendaries is Magiarna, a Pokémon invented 500 years ago by a man ahead of it's times aka Leonardo da Vinci, in 2014 a few weeks before the launch of ORAS Masuda and Ohmori visited Italy and since a few weeks ago Masuda is ending all of his pubblic messages with "Ciao" that translates both to hello and goodbye in italian);
-the Fire starter is feline because it'll likely evolve into a Tiger;
-the Moon legendary is somewhat inspired by a Bat (or at least it looks similar to Noivern);
-one of the two main characters won't have white skin in it's artwork

I hope for an interesting campaign for once. They don't need to make it super complex or mature if that's why they haven't done it yet. Just... make things interesting. Make me feel excited when I meet the evil organization leader. Make said organization look like they actually put some effort in what they're doing. Make gym leaders and Elite Four important to the plot. Maybe then I won't feel like I'm facing all those "challenges" (because as for now they are easy as fuck) just for the sake of facing them.

-More than 100 new pokemon (megas not included).
-The return of the Sevii islands (looks like it's a tropical island region, so please get those back).
-The day/night mechanic wwill have more importance than ever.
-Surf minigame like in yellow (because tropical island).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I think they'll tease some kind of integration with Pokemon GO - specifically via wristwatch peripheral used for Pokemon GO.

Also - Sun & Moon will help you unlock a brand new fighter or two in Pokken Tournament.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

All I really want is to see the new trainer characters in the game, but I feel like they won't even show that. Maybe they'll show a few new pokemon and end it at that. My expectations are at an all time low.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's more of a wish than a prediction... but i would really like for them to ditch the old gameboy sounds and actually voice all pokemon. It works so well with Pikachu... though i'm ok if the legendaries don't as they seem to be the only ones that don't "speak" their names.

Ka-pi96 said:
Luke888 said:
-New Region is based off Italy (near France, we already know that one of the leggendaries is Magiarna, a Pokémon invented 500 years ago by a man ahead of it's times aka Leonardo da Vinci, in 2014 a few weeks before the launch of ORAS Masuda and Ohmori visited Italy and since a few weeks ago Masuda is ending all of his pubblic messages with "Ciao" that translates both to hello and goodbye in italian);

That would actually be pretty cool.

For starters I've always liked the idea of areas connecting to each other (ala Kanto/Johto) so an Italy region connecting to Kalos is very possible and would be good imo.

Then there's a lot that could be used in Italy. You've got the alps in the north for your mountainous/snowy regions, and right down in the south you could have some stuff on Sicily as well, maybe throw in Sardinia too as another island, since unlike IGN I love having lots of islands and water to travel between them

I wouldn't expect you to like the idea of a region based off Italy, imho there would be plenty of fire and rock/ground types due to the presence of so many volcanos, plus while they might introduce the highest mountain in the Pokémon world as of now with White Mount (or Mont Blanc if you prefer) at the border between Italy and France there would be no polar bears, the only kind of bears we have here are brown bears and they aren't even numerous... On the other hand I'm shure there would be plenty of fishes based off say Squids (hopefully with a Splatoon reference :v) and Lake fishes like perches.  Also we'd have the Pizzamon to go alongside our compatriot Vanillite! Imho if Italy doesn't happen now  I don't think it'll have a second chance in the Pokémon world unless the new region is germany/spain but even if that was the case I'd see Italy's chances lower than now...                                                                               At least I hope they would make a nice story with all of the history my country has to offer and the possibility of a great villain team (Mafia) maybe even with some throwbacks to Giovanni...

My hopes for sun and moon are
-New region based off a middle eastern country hoping for Egypt(it'll be interesting to see how gamefreke handles the art style myths and legends architectural and environment desgin that's based off middle eastern culture)
-Return of Hilbert/Hilda that went searching for n in black and white to a far away region(on a personal sidenote I played as Hilbert the male character and named him L reason being because of N and I thought of death note when I named Hilbert L
-a story not involving a evil team trying to destroy/take over/remold the world
-less pokemon inspired by inanimate objects (I'm looking at you klefki)
-a more story driven/meaningful/longer post game content

- New region connected to all other regions and the possibilty to fight all gym leader ever created for the series.
- Team Rocket returns
- Around 50 new Pokemon, all who are new type combinations never seen before.
- PC services are now "portable" so that you don't have to be in a Poke center to use them.
- Missigno is the legendary pokemon of both games. And he is evil.
- TOTAL REVAMP OF BASE STATS. so that all - or at least most - pokemon are actually balanced, useable and good.
- New evolutions of old pokemons (regular, not mega) to support the previous point of balancing certain pokemons.
- The concept of Megaevolution is completely erased, acknowledging it was a mistake to begin with.
- Actual decent post-game content and multiplayer content.
- A lot of references to pop culture.
- A Stan Lee cameo