By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Possibly Coming Soon To Steam

Tagged games:

Which version have you played/owned?

PS2 14 29.17%

PS3 3 6.25%

PS4 3 6.25%

PSV 8 16.67%

Multiple 20 41.67%

Total:48

Honestly I still think the PS2 originals both look fine just played on a emulator and upscaled in resolution.

They would have to do more than just a small tiny upscaled resolution to resell them to me.

Around the Network

PC/Steam is slowly becoming the best place to have all the Final Fantasy games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JRPGfan said:

Honestly I still think the PS2 originals both look fine just played on a emulator and upscaled in resolution.

They would have to do more than just a small tiny upscaled resolution to resell them to me.

I mean, they DID redo all of the music, and I thought the new music was superior in most cases.  That's on top of the International Versions being used (which I know you can also emulate, but still).

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

This is great news foR the PC users who've been wanting this game. Now we need FF XII HD :(

I love all this steam support, but I heard that Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD ports turned out bad.

Around the Network

Neat! Will only help to grow the franchise!

FFX, is my favorite Final Fantasy, would be nice to see how well it can sell on Steam, FF8, and FF7, sold nearly 1 Millions if i remember well.

I'll probably end up getting eventually since it's probably similar to the PS4 version in that it also has the original soundtrack. I refuse to get the PS3 version that has the horrible new soundtrack, and I don't have a PS4 (at least yet). But if it's coming to PC, that's best for me since PC is my main platform anyway.

Never played X! Always wanted to, considering how some people seem to love it (and I've seen it at the top of some Final Fantasy lists).

Unfortunately I've been way too much spoiled of it after years of navigating the internet. I think it won't have the same effect on me as some people that played it fresh.

On a side note, I'm still salty about Final Fantasy on Steam. Not because they're on Steam, of course, but the fact that Square-Enix had to go and horribly butcher my favourite one - FFVIII - by forcing the player to be connected to the internet and log in on SE's website, as well as screwing up the OST with strange midi's. I'm pretty sure no other Final Fantasy on Steam has to endure this bullshit (I'm 100% confident this X/X-2 HD will work nice and without hurdles), and that's exactly what makes me salty. :(

BasilZero said:

I started FF8 on Steam few days ago.

Didnt have to connect - though thats probably cause I'm already permaconnected :O!

Also I have the original OST playing while playing the game - didnt use any mods - just replaced the OST in the OST folder XD.

Yeah, you have to connect. But since you already are, it doesn't matter to you. :P

And I know about the OSTs. The thing is, I shouldn't have to bother doing so. Why did SE have to mess with anything?