By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Level 5 files for bankruptcy.

Tagged games:

Level 5 files for bankruptcy.

The company declares that mismanagement of resources has caused the company to lose the majority of their savings in a short timespam.

Akihiro Hino, executive director of the multimedia company Level 5, has come out today and declared that the state of the company is uncertain due to some "questionable investments" made by some of the higher-ups of the company. Hino expressed his surprise and dissapointment of this sudden and obscure moves from inside the company, and call them "an extreme case of broken trust". The investments themselves are still unclear, but many sources claim that the company spent the company's savings on hookers, drugs, sushi and all manner of recreative activities. The suspects of this seem to have hidden from the law and they are now being investigated by Japan's tax office.

Level-5 was established in October 1998 by Akihiro Hino and his development team, and it was responsible for the creation of franchises like Proffesor Layton, Inazuma Eleven and Youkai Watch.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/Level_5_files_for_bankruptcy  

Holy shit, I didn't expected this. What is going on?

EDIT: It seems that the Nintendolife article went down for some reason. But you can still access to the info if you go to the link of the author.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Well, at least they went out in style

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

April Fools?

YOKAI IS WHY

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Well they were only level 5, should've grinded harder. RIP

Around the Network

Making bankrupt jokes should be bannable IMO.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

The article portion would've been more believable if it said "recreational" not "recreative" activities. :)

Neodegenerate said:
The article portion would've been more believable if it said "recreational" not "recreative" activities. :)

Blame the author's poor english ;)

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I was so happy, then I realized that it's April's Fools day :c

Is this legit? Sad if true.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."