By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto's Favorite Film of 2015 is Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tagged games:

Speaking with Game Informer, Miyamoto shared some thoughts as to why he was impressed with the film:

“There were a lot of good movies last year. One movie that I would have to talk about is Star Wars. It was a movie that I was very worried about. I really enjoyed the original three movies. But as they started to rely more on CG and computer graphics, I gradually stopped watching the Star Wars movies.

I felt that for the people who were taking that on that it was a very big challenge for them. My expectation is that they’d maybe find a way to barely meet that challenge. But when I saw that movie, I was very impressed with what they were able to do.

As a creator, I really respected their ability to take on the challenge and bring back some of the feelings that people had the first time they watched the movies. I really liked that some of those actors from Episode IV came back after all these years, and you can see how they had aged. As a fan, it was a really great movie.”

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-on-his-favorite-movie-games-of-2015/

bet: lost

Around the Network

Whoo! Shiggy is a SW fan! My love for him has now increased by 100 points

Good to hear.

God what's wrong with me? I'm in a media arts field, love video games, love movies, love designing but...I don't enjoy Star Wars. Everyone else in my university has mutual love for the series but I...can't get into it. Am I a defect XD

Yes! He didn't like the prequels!!

Around the Network

That's cool to hear!

mZuzek said:
Ljink96 said:
God what's wrong with me? I'm in a media arts field, love video games, love movies, love designing but...I don't enjoy Star Wars. Everyone else in my university has mutual love for the series but I...can't get into it. Am I a defect XD

Yes, you are.

I...am? I mean, I just don't like the story or atmosphere. Everything seems a bit redundant. I also don't like Doctor Who. Yeah, start throwing the stones at me already. I mentioned that I don't like it to some co-workers and they had a fit. Maybe I'll try to watch them again.

mZuzek said:

I'm just saying, if you don't like sci-fi, you really are a defect, as sad as that is.

If you actually like sci-fi and don't like Star Wars, you're not a human being.

I know plenty of sci-fi fans that are either indifferent or dislike Star Wars.  The common complaint is that it is "fantasy with a sci-fi paint job".

Personally I like fantasy and sci-fi and have no issue blending the two.  On the films, love the originals, disliked the prequels, and thought newest entry was fine.

Confirming his lately bad taste.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Well Miyamoto is a fan of rehasing old formulas!

(It was a good movie though).