By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would happen if Pokemon Sun/Moon were moved to the NX?

Tagged games:

What will happen if Pokemon Sun/Moon are moved to the NX?

People will accept it and be happy. 14 35.90%

People will be upset but ... 6 15.38%

Nothing would happen beca... 12 30.77%

People would be angry and not buy the game. 3 7.69%

Pokemon Pinball HD NX wil... 4 10.26%

Total:39

According to this rumour: http://dualpixels.com/2016/03/03/rumor-next-cod-dubbed-bloodline-activision-entangled-in-nintendo-nx/   Activision is interested in bringing Beyond Destiny to the NX due to the fact that: the new mainline Pokémon games will not only guarantee a big NX user base but a new type of audience they can bring into the franchise.

The only upcoming mainline Pokemon games I can think of at the moment are Pokemon Sun/Moon. Considering they have been announced for the 3DS, I can't see why Activision would think they could guarantee a big userbase to the NX. Even if the NX were BC with the 3DS, most sales would go to those that have a 3DS already, and not necessarily a NX sale. Pokemon Black/White didn't make the 3DS fly off the shelves, they just sold well on the DS. And even if they are not talking about the 7th gen, Nintendo does not sepparate their gens, the NX would have to wait at least three years to get a proper 8th generation.

So what could make Activision think the NX will have a mainline Pokemon by the time Beyond Destiny is released? Do they think the NX will get a version of S/M? Or do they think Nintendo will move it to the NX altogether?

In the case that happens, in the case that Nintendo moves Pokemon S/M to the NX, what do you think it will happen?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

There is definitely good chance that will be ported for NX, but they definitely will not complete move them from 3D. Also all points that handheld not coming this year, we are getting home console or some sort of hybrid like that one from rumour.

I mean, I don't think the NX will get Sun and Moon, but so help me god, if it does, this better be a DQXI situation where both versions are completely different.

I also haven't read the rumor, do I don't even know if its credible or not.

I don't think they'd cancel the 3DS version, so I don't think many people would be upset (except for the vocal minority that's always angry about something).

If the game were to completely move to the NX, I think people would be fine with it if the games looked like they wouldn't be able to run on a 3DS.

EDIT - Wait, you don't actually think it'll be exclusive, do you? They couldn't "move" something that big so quickly. They literally just announced it last week. It's staying on 3DS. If it's coming to NX, they already know about it.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
EDIT - Wait, you don't actually think it'll be exclusive, do you? They couldn't "move" something that big so quickly. They literally just announced it last week. It's staying on 3DS. If it's coming to NX, they already know about it.

I'm just wondering what the rumour means with a mainline Pokemon game on the NX. Moving the game completely is extreme, I agree, but I also don't see GameFreak splitting the 7th gen between two machines.

I'm more worried that the games are actually new 3DS exclusive, If they actually are than you can expect a ragestorm.

mrsafira64 said:
I'm more worried that the games are actually new 3DS exclusive, If they actually are than you can expect a ragestorm.

That wold be sales suicide. That is the worst choice they could make. They either sell on the existent 3DS userbase or boost the NX sales with it, but putting the game on a device that has such a limited appeal and will sink in sales once the NX is released? Horrible. Let's hope they have enough common sense XD

Yeah... because announcing a game 6 months before it releases and then changing systems is completely doable.

It will run on 3DS. Anything beyond that is speculation.

Darwinianevolution said:

I'm just wondering what the rumour means with a mainline Pokemon game on the NX. Moving the game completely is extreme, I agree, but I also don't see GameFreak splitting the 7th gen between two machines.

I mean, the rumor's likely fake as the source is never right on detail specific rumors like this. So the rumor likely is irrelevant because it's unreliable.