By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Leaker Says NX Launches in 2016

Tagged games:

A recent leak of lots of Nintendo information just got something going for it: the leak nailed the new Pokemon game, which gives it some credibility when to comes to the other information. Information that points at a 2016 launch for the NX console. Not only that, the source says that Zelda will launch on the NX — the same Zelda that will be released on the Wii U. This isn’t the first time we’ve heard this news.

NeoGAF user Trevelyan9999 posted a bunch of Nintendo information, including marketing budgets for upcoming games. According to the source, NX will launch in 2016 with Zelda, with an unknown marketing budget behind it.

The Wii U has a marketing budget of $34.5 million in 2016, with $10 million going to Zelda for Wii U (that money could be shifted to the NX version of the game).

Trevelyan’s list already has one thing going for it: he leaked that Nintendo would release a new Pokemon game, codenamed “Niji”. Nintendo did in fact announce a new Pokemon game, called “Sun” and “Moon”. But as seen on the official website, the logos are named under their codename, “niji”.

Nintendo never used codename to describe the new Pokemon games, so the only way Trevelyan9999 knew this was to have an inside source.

What’s more interesting is that Trevelyan9999 had some videos and content on his website with the NX and Zelda information. Those videos and articles have since been taken down.

Maybe Nintendo should just go ahead and announce the console already.

Source: NeoGAF, via Kotaku

Around the Network

Super Metal Dave 64 just put himself on the map with this one. For now, I'm believing what he says because I don't know, he actually provided info that was true for once.

Also this article i got from wiiudaily since i forgot to link it in the OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevorEJVBrU GameXplain also goes into more credibility of this guy.

Weren't the Pokemon leaks pretty obvious since they were on a trademark website? I don't spotting an obvious leak gives him much credibility to say when NX is releasing, even though I do think it'll come out in 2016.

RavenXtra said:
Weren't the Pokemon leaks pretty obvious since they were on a trademark website? I don't spotting an obvious leak gives him much credibility to say when NX is releasing, even though I do think it'll come out in 2016.

he leaked the code name "niji" tho 

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:

As mentioned he leaked the codename a week before the patents appeared.

Ljink96 said:
Super Metal Dave 64 just put himself on the map with this one. For now, I'm believing what he says because I don't know, he actually provided info that was true for once.

Excuse me, what does this have to do with the youtuber "Super Metal Dave 64" ? I remember him for being the guy who said that FFXV and FF7R are coming to NX but I don't remember anything else from him.

Hiku said:
Yeah I saw Gamexplain go through this. This seems legit now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevorEJVBrU

What are the chances of this leaker guessing the name "niji" of all things?
And not only that, but Nintendo going back in and CHANGING this name on the source file.

When i heard that part i mostly believe that this is legit. 

Edwardooo said:
Ljink96 said:

Excuse me, what does this have to do with the youtuber "Super Metal Dave 64" ? I remember him for being the guy who said that FFXV and FF7R are coming to NX but I don't remember anything else from him.

Pretty sure SMD64 leaked Project Niji and a Disney Art Academy game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevorEJVBrU

I think in the video, Trevelyan9999 is the same guy as SMD64. He's the leaker's messanger as of late.

Does anyone else feel like we've had an absurd amount of leaks recently???
Legit or not, it's certainly been an interesting time to be somebody who wants Nintendo news before anyone else...
NX, S&M, Paper Mario, Mother 3...
I'm sure I'm forgetting a thousand other stories we've been fed in just the past few weeks...

Have a nice day...