By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

Tagged games:

Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

7th gen for the 3DS. 68 58.12%

7th gen for the NX. 17 14.53%

6th gen for the 3DS. 21 17.95%

6th gen for the NX. 3 2.56%

They are fake, Nintendo is trolling us. 8 6.84%

Total:117

For those who don't want spoilers, abandon this thread inmediately.

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon-leaked-through-trademark-filings/

News from trademark land! Apparently, Nintendo has just registered two new Pokemon games. We will most certainly hear about them tomorrow, but just in case...

Do you think this games will be 7th gen already? Or are still 6th gen, just with a new region/story/whatever?

Or are they fake and we're freaking out for nothing?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I think it would be 7th gen. Or maybe they're not traditional Pokémon in the sense of introducing a new gen and it's some kind of celebratory game with some regions of the first Pokémon in two games and a brand new story. Why not?

Volterra_90 said:
I think it would be 7th gen. Or maybe they're not traditional Pokémon in the sense of introducing a new gen and it's some kind of celebratory game with some regions of the first Pokémon in two games and a brand new story. Why not?

I still don't know what to think of them. If it's a 6th gen game with all regions, I would love it. But if it is a new gen on a new region, I'd say it's too soon. Wait for new hardware.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I still don't know what to think of them. If it's a 6th gen game with all regions, I would love it. But if it is a new gen on a new region, I'd say it's too soon. Wait for new hardware.

Or maybe they're for the NX... :P. Okey, that doesn't seem very likely and it's a wild guess. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow. I'm trying too hard to chill out but it seems impossible xDDDD. 

Somebody mentioned that this is the same site that leaked "Delta Emerald" so take it with a grain of salt. But to reply to your thread, I don't think it'll be on NX. It will be 7th gen on 3DS. It makes sense after Kimishima's demands for more big 3DS games.

Around the Network

If true, it's impossible for it to be 6th gen. 7th gen on 3ds, as nintendo wouldn't show the trailer of a game for an unannounced portable.

No doubt in my mind it's Gen 6.5. A few new Pokemon, a new region, and likely a patch to XY/ORAS with the new Pokemon so they are compatible. But it's 100% not Gen 7. That's for NX in 2017.

At this point, it's probably Gen 7.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It will be on the 3DS for sure as I doubt they will announce it to be on the NX before the console is properly announced but weather its 6th or 7th gen not sure.

I think trademarks dont necessarily much. Nintendo or GameFreak could use this like 10 years down the road.
If they just trademarked it, it hardly means they will use it right away.

Unless I'm being dumb and dont understand how trademarks work. That is more likely.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988