By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is in store for The Legend of Zelda's 30th anniversary?

Tagged games:

2011 was The Legend of Zelda's 25th anniversary. This year we saw the releases of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. On top of that we also had a free downloadable DSi title which was a remaster of the Gameboy Advance title; The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D was a remake for the Nintendo 64 classic. Arguably, this was one of the best titles to release for Zelda's anniversary as it is one the best received and influential Zelda title to date. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was the first and last true Wii Zelda title. A console Zelda is typically the Zelda title that has the most hype surrounding it, and the most expectations backing it too. The free release and updates to The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords were welcome, especially considering many people missed out on the opportunity to play it when it was first released alongside The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, due to its multiplayer mechanic rendering the game inaccessible for most. Overall 2011 celebrated the legacy of Zelda fantastically, and now that we have arrived at the 30th anniversay, what can we expect?

Nintendo has already confirmed Hyrule Warriors Legends for the 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Zelda Wii U for release this year. So far what has been confirmed fulfills the three game criteria that was met for the 25th anniversary, however, could Nintendo possibly have another Zelda title in store to further the hype? Perhaps Nintendo will contrast the release of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. I am theorising that come E3 this year, Nintendo will release a proper trailer for Zelda Wii U, they will reveal its official title and release date. I also propose that following this, they will announce a digital distribution of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures immediately available to download after their conference. Whether this will be playable by connecting the 3DS to the Wii U, or being able to taking the game online are both possibilities. It could also simply be a 3DS game and have similar capabilities to that of The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (obviously there will not be a totem/doppel mechanic) lobby to find other players, whether it be local or online. For those who have not played the The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, it had a fully operational single player, arguably better than that of The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes' single player mode.

What do you all think? Do you think Nintendo might do this? Or do you think they have revealed all the Zelda titles due for release this year already? Or do you think they will announce something else entirely?

Around the Network

One big eShop sale. Get Zelda games for some reasonably good prices. Other than that, possibly a Zelda collection for the NX, if it even comes out this year. Get WWHD, TPHD, Ocarina 3D, and Majora 3D in one package.

I do also expect an enhanced rerelease of Four Swords Adventures for the Wii U, which is free but 3DSs are required to play multiplayer.

bet: lost

BasilZero said:

Probably a free eshop title from the Zelda series.

Oracle of Ages + Seasons (one or the other) type of deal.

Would be great - I already have Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Ages on my 3DS. Would be nice to get Seasons ;)

It would be nice for you, however, it would suck for me haha. I already have those titles ;)

A Zelda WiiU release date.

HylianYoshi said:

One big eShop sale. Get Zelda games for some reasonably good prices. Other than that, possibly a Zelda collection for the NX, if it even comes out this year. Get WWHD, TPHD, Ocarina 3D, and Majora 3D in one package.

I do also expect an enhanced rerelease of Four Swords Adventures for the Wii U, which is free but 3DSs are required to play multiplayer.

The only thing that I think prevents a Zelda collection from happening this year is the fact that making such a collection would undercut the sales of Twilight Princess HD, as that is releasing this year. I don't think fans would be happy buying a remaster at the start of the year, only to have a superior version bundled with other games release shortly after.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:

Yes, this is a very good idea! But I think they would opt to include only the HD games in the collection... Ocarina and Majora's would look still terrible if given just the remaster treatment on a big TV.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

An eShop deal on every Zelda game seems like a no-brainer.

Maybe we'll get a huge tease on Zelda U soon?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

A price drop for WWHD at the very least. A good one too, like 70% sweet jesus. There's no reason for that game to be as costly as it is right now...even if WWHD was a new game that came out in 2013, which it isn't. Dropeth ze price El Nintiendo.

Lube Me Up

I like the e-shop sale idea, a demo for zelda u would be nice but highly unlikely

Easy, being overshadowed by Pokemon :)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD