By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest VII On 3DS Will Have Completely New Writing For The West

Tagged games:

Can't wait to play it! Decided to change Fates for DQVII and VIII and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Nice, being able to see the enemies to avoid them is way better than random encounters

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Given how much better nintendo translations are compared to square's, I'm ok with this.

BasilZero said:
I guess this gives me reason to actually play DQ7 on the PS1 as well since it seems like they are changing up the story.

But I feel like it might be similar to how Final Fantasy III's storyline was and how it was changed a little bit.

They're changing (read: fixing) the translations, not the story (the dialogue is completely unchanged). As you know, Square was reallllllly bad early PS1 localizations. Really bad.

This is good because I'm glad Square is giving it the full remake treatment and not reusing old localization.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Never really gave a Dragon Quest game a fair shot before, maybe I'll start with this one.

Around the Network

No random battles is the best change ever. God, I always hated these things in old RPGs.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Was the original localization bad?

A top notch localization?

You mean it'll me the same game Japan has got with the english script we've already seen......

So... it seems we will have another great year for RPGs on the 3ds.....

Dragon Quest VII, VIII, Bravely Second, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Final Fantasy Explorers, Story of Seasons, Langrisser.....

Let´s hope they announce other japanese games like SMT IV Final, Yokai Watch 2, 7th Dragon.......

Hmm, interesting.

Glad they're getting rid of random encounters though, that's one mechanic about JRPGs that I was never fond about.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."