By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Undertale gets a 10 from IGN

Tagged games:

Around the Network

Oooh, yes. This score fills me with determination. I'm wondering why it takes them (IGN) so long to review some indie games.

bet: lost

Stay determined, IGN! Well deserved! It's such an awesome game :)

Seeing something as pure and admirable as Undertale be given the recognition it deserves fills me with joy. The fact that it was made mostly by one man fills me with determination. And envy, and I hate myself a bit for that.

I'm now filled with determination.

Is determined the word of the day or am I on the outside of a joke?

Around the Network

A game should not get a better score just because it is an indie game. And I heard that it is very short, so no way this rating can be justified.

Wait, whoa whoa hold the phone.

You're telling me a game that wasn't Rocket League, got a 10/10 from the likes of IGN?.

Holy shit are the end times coming or something?, IGN never pulls anything like this, especially for a PC game.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

etking said:
A game should not get a better score just because it is an indie game. And I heard that it is very short, so no way this rating can be justified.

Maybe a game's length isn't the sole factor determining its quality. Maybe you should actually play the game for yourself instead of making judgements based on things you merely "heard".

etking said:

No, it's receiving great scores because it's a great game, not because it's indie. It doesn't matter if it's AAA or indie... I can agree with you in one thing, I don't think any game deserves a 10. But I also don't think it's fair to expect the same for a game with a budget of 200$M dollars than games like Undertale. And, to be honest, the experience of playing Undertale is better than a lot of AAA games releasing nowadays. However you can't expect a technical marvel with that budget. 

Also, it's not short if you want to experience the whole game. The decisions you make on one playthrough affect to the next one, and the story varies a lot if you play the game in a pacifist route or a genocide route. They feel like different games, with new bosses, dialogues and different endings, so the whole experience might be around 15-20 hours minimum. 

BasilZero said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Is determined the word of the day or am I on the outside of a joke?

Where's that from?

Edit: NVM I see it in the source lmao

I didn't read it because it said spoilers.