By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles and Durability: Ever Have Any Console Break On You?

Tagged games:

Has any of your consoles ever broken down?

Yes 152 66.09%

No 78 33.91%

Total:230

Heya everyone, Cloudman here. It's been awhile since I last did a thread, so I thought it was time I made one. And this time, I'm talking about...

The Durability of Consoles!

Yeah, I'm talking about these, and not 7th gen ones in particular...

So everyone here plays games on whatever consoles they own, and usually the majority usually only have to buy them once, but on rare occassions, these machines break and have to be replaced with a new one. Now, the majority of the consoles I own are still in great working condition, except for one system in particular...

The PS2

My Unlucky Console

I must have real bad luck when it comes to PS2s. I've had to replace it twice, with both of them breaking on me. The 2nd copy was used, but the 1st was a brand new one I bought, and I took good care of it. For some reason, they broke, and even now, my 3rd one is having problems, having long load times and freezing mid-game while the PS2 makes sounds like my Dreamcast trying to load up Sonic Shuffle. And it causes some real annoying frustration for me, making my playthrough of Tales of the Abyss an annoying and somewhat painful experience. It feels like I am doing the tango with my PS2, having to get up and push down on it to make it continue the function. Over, and over, and over again...

Have you ever had a console break on you before? If yes, what console was it? And how many consoles have broken on you?

Thanks for reading : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Consoles breaking on me?

Not really, no, the only incident I've ever had was my DS lite, where the hinge ended up breaking.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

My wii broke because my dog accidentally threw it off my desk, other than that I´ve never had any issues.

The only thing that ever broke for me was the hinge on the DS Lite.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Snes, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Genesis, PS1 & PS2. All of them i owned them long time ago and never had break on me before.

Except for the fat PS3 & fat Xbox 360 broke on me many times for heat issue, so, i gave up on them, sold all my games then focused on Wii/DS & of course college, i think that was back in 2010 happened to me.

Around the Network

Nope. All my console's always worked, even the original xbox 360...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I have all my original consoles. Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3, Vita. All of them, as far as I know, still work.

The only trouble I've ever had was with the PS2 (the purple disc scenario) and the NES. The NES was the most troublesome by far. I actually credit Nintendo with allowing me to practice cuss words as a kid, thus showing me the joys of Mature gaming. I used to get so angry trying to get cartridges in JUST RIGHT so that I could play. Over and over and over. My eye is starting to twitch just remembering it.

The disk drive on my Wii broke a while back. We were able to just buy a new one and replace it though. Apparently this was a fairly common issue with the Wii.

I bought my used PS2 about 4 years ago, and it's worked perfectly fine for me. The PS2 that I "owned" before that actually couldn't read discs anymore, so that might be a good example. My original 3DS is in shambles right now, with the shoulder buttons not working and the circle pad torn, but that's probably me neglecting it. It still works. Not that I use it anymore or anything.

bet: lost

Had to get 3 Xbox 360's. Thank God I knew about the issues it had before hand so got one refurbished for cheap (1st perchase) with a warranty, and it was replaced for free the next two times.