By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Indie game?

Tagged games:

While we all love our AAA titles, there are the occassional indie games that end up being better than you expected.

Then there are the indie games that blow your mind. The indie games that are such high quality, you wonder how an indie game can be this good.

For me, it was probably Cave Story.

I just love almost every aspect of the game. The story, characters, soundtrack, gameplay, world, and so on. I was surprised when I learned that this game was done by a man during his free time.

I liked Super meat Boy and Shovel Knight as well. They were both pretty fun games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Ori and the Blind Forest.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Katawa Shoujo. Best visual novel I've played to date.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ori and the Blind Forest

That's tough...I mean...Rocket League comes to mind, and it's just so good. But...Transistor and Resogun are also super good.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Undertale.

See ya!

Dust: An Elysian Tail. It was the best indie game I played by far...hell, it even tops most retail AAA games I've played so far. The game is beautiful visually, has incredible animations, charismatic characters/npcs, amazing combat (very well done and addicting) and a cool story (very cliche, but still cool). It feels like a retail game to me.

There are other amazing indies I've played as well, but this one is the best for sure. It's sad to never see someone talking about this game here on VGC... =/

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

QUAKECore89 said:
Undertale.

See ya!

This. Best RPG in years.

Undertale.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Umihara Kawase