By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Forgotten JRPGs (WatchMojo)

Tagged games:

Odin's sphere, a forgotten jrpg ? With the remake in some months ?

And yeah, you need to do Skies of arcadia (gamecube), it's great.

Dark chronicles :love:

Around the Network

Yep. twice.

BraLoD said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Yep. twice.

Twice what? :o

Our precious game. :]

I remember wanting Eternal Sonada but it sounded sad so I didn't get it.

I can't remember anything else I intended to say while I was watching the video.  That's also sad.

I'd add OKAGE: Shadow King to the list.  It had one of the best styles of any RPG ever.  I wish it would make a comeback.

Oh, Alundra.  I almost mentioned that game in the thread from yesterday about what Sony could do to rock next year's E3 but then I figured no one would know what I was talking about.  It was really good and bloody hard (at least for a kid back then).  Some of my very first moments of gaming rage were due to Alundra.  Ah, memories.

Skies of Arcadia.......

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

OKAGE is a RPG?

Yah.

I agree with a few of the picks but a few of those games are often placed on many people's favorite jrpg's list.

10. Eternal Sonata - No comment, have not played.

9. Odin Sphere - Maybe before the sequel was announced.

8. Alundra - Both games in the series would fit the bill but the first is the much better game.

7. Lunar SSS - Should be much higher along with adding it's sequel to the list as well because both games are some of the best the genre has to offer yet are often overlooked. The series as a whole definitely deserves more love.

6. Wild Arms 1 - I will agree both this and its sequel were lost in the PS1's library of wonderful jrpgs but the series did receive 6 entries and a remake of the original so... Maybe?

5. Legend of Dragoon - While I don't think the game is bad by any means, it was average at best on a console that had much better offerings. That's the reason it's often overlooked but it does have a strong following nowadays.

4. Dark Cloud 2 - Don't agree at all. This one is often seen on people's favorite jrpgs on the PS2 so I wouldn't considered it forgotten.

3. Shadow Hearts - See Above. Same reason.

2. Phantasy Star -The series as a whole nowadays is often forgotten so the original fits the bill.

1. Skies of Arcadia - Best jrpg on both the Dreamcast and Gamecube but the only game in this series so to a degree it's forgotten but to any fans of the genre, it's one of those must plays and is often on the favorites list of many. So forgotten by Sega maybe?

BraLoD said:
QUAKECore89 said:
BraLoD said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Yep. twice.

Twice what? :o

Our precious game. :]

But what about twice? It's only listed there once xP
You mean the tagged game I choose or the video cover here being it as well?

Yes...

Not sure how Odin Sphere is forgotten given the announcement of the remake, and that it's Vanillaware's most popular game. Lots of people are reminded of it when Vanillaware announces a new title.

Eternal Sonata is alright but looked amazing back in the day (not sure how it holds up today). There was this one dungeon that looked like a pain in the ass, but fortunately, I cleared it on my first time solving it.

Wow, I'm surprised Quest 64 got an honorable mention, considering most people hate that game. I like it myself though. It has its flaws, but it was a fun game I played as a kid x )

From the ones on the list, I haven't beaten Eternal Sonata, but from what I played it was quite a beautiful game, with great environments, character designs, great music, and very interesting battle system. It's one I really enjoyed and really want to get back to...

I didn't play Wild Arms 1, but I did play 2. That was a fun game I enjoyed for the most part, cept I never finished it. Life got in the way, and I never go to complete it. Maybe some day I will : /

And yes, Skies of Arcadia is extremely good. I loved it from beginning to end, and is one of those rare games that leaves you satisfied throughout the whole adventure. Skies is def a game RPG fans need to play once @_@

And a pick from me, Ogre Battle 64 is a fun unique RPG that I think is pretty good and fun. It's def unique... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread