By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII: Remake Will Be Fully Voiced; New Info About World Map, Mini Games

Tagged games:

Would you love full voice overs?

Yes 25 92.59%

No 2 7.41%

Total:27

sounds like no world map to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah, looks like it. I feel like they'll go the FFX route and have it look open world but it actually be a linear path

BasilZero said:
StarOcean said:

Yeah, looks like it. I feel like they'll go the FFX route and have it look open world but it actually be a linear path

I'm actually fine with this to be honest lol

Same. FF7 didn't really need a world map like it had in the originals anyway. In the game it was always like "go this way" "now go here" -wasn't a lot of exploring on your own However this makes me wonder how they'll handle the air ships

StarOcean said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

RIP all my hype

PwerlvlAmy said:
StarOcean said:

RIP all my hype

Come oooon. Give it a shot.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
BasilZero said:

I'm actually fine with this to be honest lol

Same. FF7 didn't really need a world map like it had in the originals anyway. In the game it was always like "go this way" "now go here" -wasn't a lot of exploring on your own However this makes me wonder how they'll handle the air ships

Most of the end-game side-quests rely on exploring the world map. I would be strongly against removing it in favor of what we got in FFX.

Edit: Plus navigating the world in your airship in current day graphics would be A-MA-ZING!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
StarOcean said:

Most of the end-game side-quests rely on exploring the world map. I would be strongly against removing it in favor of what we got in FFX.

Hm, yeah I suppose towards the end it becomes a bit more open. But I'm not sure how else they'll handle it. They could go the budget JRPG route and have a picture of the world map with fast travel points XD

QUAKECore89 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

RIP all my hype

Come oooon. Give it a shot.

I'm not sure I want to. Everytime I hear new information, the worse its starting to sound :(

Hiku said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I'm thinking something like the world map in FF XIII-3 (Lightning Returns.)
There were large open world areas, but in order to get from one large area to another, there were loading screens in between them. (Usually you take the train, but late in the game you get the ability to walk between the areas.)
I think there were 4 areas like that.

yeah we'll see. We wont hear about it for quite some time. But at this current point in time. Game is sounding like an overall mess just from my personal opinion. That could easily change in 2016 though when we actually see and hear more

Hiku said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

yeah we'll see. We wont hear about it for quite some time. But at this current point in time. Game is sounding like an overall mess just from my personal opinion. That could easily change in 2016 though when we actually see and hear more

Well, since this game is still relatively early in development, and things may change down the line, you'd be giving false info if you said something about the world map today that ends up being different later. And the multi-game series aspect of it probably makes it even more diffcult to talk about it whithout going into too much details. For example, if the first game is only Midgar, it may not even have a world map. While the second game could be different.

But I hope they'll give us more specific details as soon as they can, because fans will want to know what direction the remake takes.

If the first game is only Midgar, they better have a lot of new content because it would be a pretty short game going by what's in the original.

Signature goes here!