By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It seems like some people got the misconception of what Square Enix meant "episodic"

Tagged games:

They didn't meant like it will be a "TV Series". But more like a Movie Series. And this is a HUGE DIFFERENT!

Star Wars is Episodic, but do you see anyone complain about it ???

And Final Fantasy has games with "episodic" before.

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 ?

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lighting Returns ???

So yeah, tbh, im very glad they're doing this, I'm serious, since this mean the Remake won't just be a game with better graphics, but the whole new experience and CONTINUED story of the epic world of Final Fantasy VII :D!

Edit: It seem like someone still didn't get it, What im trying to say is there will be Final Fantasy VII: Sequel when they said "episodic".

Around the Network

I've heard this a few times now - where has Squeenix said FF7 would be broken into a trilogy rather than RE Revelations 2 style episodes?

Any sources, proof, links or something like that? I don´t think that this is what they´re going for. They´re not expanding and adding new games to FF7, the way i understood it they´re just splitting the existing game so they can release (part of) it before the wait gets too long

arcaneguyver said:
I've heard this a few times now - where has Squeenix said FF7 would be broken into a trilogy rather than RE Revelations 2 style episodes?

They said multi part series so I find the word "episodic" already weird. Probably expecting a trilogy because it's a widely used format and the original game was also split into 3 parts.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

mofili said:

Any sources, proof, links or something like that? I don´t think that this is what they´re going for. They´re not expanding and adding new games to FF7, the way i understood it they´re just splitting the existing game so they can release (part of) it before the wait gets too long

I don't have a source but they did say that they're expanding on the game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Whether this is good or bad depends on the level of new content for the game.

Why the hell would I buy three different games to play a story that I can play in one game? This could work maybe only if they're adding a lot more details and intricate new story-lines not found in the first game. Three games split into 20 hours each? No Thank you. I'd rather go back an play the original on Steam.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

vivster said:
mofili said:

Yeah i read that aswell but afaik they meant that as expanding on a few locations and not adding entirely new content which could make for a whole new game. What i meant was adding new games the way you mentioned in the OP.  Like FF13, 13-2, Lightning Returns are part of one story et cetera.

they've also said ''several parts'' which indicates more than 2

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

vivster said:
mofili said:

Pretty much this ^.

Why would Square Enix broke the game in 2 parts ??? when they can just expanding it like they DID with other Final Fantasy games ? It's just bad business and they know dangz well :P.

I'm pretty sure Episodic means multiple parts like Final Fantasy X-2 and FFXIII-2 and Lighting Returns.

So yeah, just chill out guys, I'm sure Square Enix is not gonna abuse it.

If you think they're going all telltale with it you will be happily mistaken I can imagine it being a series of 60 hour games

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'